Subject: The simple things in life rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine mostly involve food, but obviously there are numerous other examples.

Homemade bread, toasted, with peanut butter and honey.

Heaven!!!

(That was my lunch, just minutes ago)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
A very ripe field tomato. Sliced up and put on bread (with butter).
Sprinkled with a small amount of salt & pepper and you don't need anything else.

That instantly transports me back to summer holidays at the lake/ beach, when I was 8 years old.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
A very ripe field tomato.

The food engineers have basically taken all of the taste out of tomatoes here in the US and replaced it with gulp

I remember the good old days when tomatoes were odd shaped and tasted great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
MABBY wrote:

The food engineers have basically taken all of the taste out of tomatoes here in the US and replaced it with gulp

They're still out there, but you have to seek them out. Look for farmers markets in your area. I love a good summer tomato from the farmers market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
MABBY wrote:

Thats global, espacally in countrys where tomatoes is not growing that well and often transported for a long time.

That said, there used to be an ecological tomatoe grower close to where I used to live, so we biked there and bought a bag of there second rate tomatoes (i.e the one that was not round or big enough for sale in grocery stores) for 10 SEK (a little more then 1 dollar it seems)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sitting on my porch on one of those evenings when the temperature is not too hot and not too cool and just listening to the bugs and birds and watching the fireflies come out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Olympics time!!!
mbmbmb
Leezer wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:
MABBY wrote:

They're still out there, but you have to seek them out. Look for farmers markets in your area. I love a good summer tomato from the farmers market.

They still are tasting awesome in my backyard. My wife grows great ones. Enough to dehydrate a bunch for fresh tomato flavor in soups and such all winter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every once in awhile I get an itch on the top of my foot. At this point I give it a good scratch and it feels so damn good that I have to do my dog imitation, roll over on my back, stick my arms and legs in the air with my tongue lolling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
午餐先生
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
MABBY wrote:

Farmer's Markets are where they're at. Or your yard. Or your friend's yard.

I was talking to a friend once in his front yard, and another of his friends who he had just introduced to me had a bag filled with tomatoes. I made like I was a bout to steal them and the newly introduced guy said, "Go ahead! It's great, man, take them! I have a ton more at home... I'll drop some off for him later..."

I was thoroughly embarrassed, but I made off with some sweet stolen tomatoes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Euen McMurry
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
Supermarket vegetables are the worst - all appearance and no substance. 'Nuff said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.