4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Need help with proper name, or history, of game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D TAGNEY
Canada
flag msg tools
I'm having a hard time finding the proper name for a game I know as Quartette. Played on a 4 x 4 square board using two white and two black counters on the outer rows of the board, with a white piece occupying the left corner of each side and the pieces alternating in colour. Similar to Checkers. Object of the game is to get 4 in a row, vertically, horizontally or diagonally. The Encyclopedia of Games (compiled by Barb Whiter) calls the game Quartette, an easy-looking game which has links to Noughts and Crosses, as well as Draughts. Can anyone help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark D. Rodeffer
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Four in a row diagonally would be hard from your description with closed corners and with only 2 pieces in each color. But could you be thinking of Dao?

Clark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Packard
United States
Palmdale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Score Four http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/3656 was what I first thought of -- but refreshing my memory with the game info and re-reading your description, I think they might be similar games -- but different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Packard
United States
Palmdale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Score Four http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/3656 was what I first thought of -- but refreshing my memory with the game info and re-reading your description, I think they might be similar games -- but different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.