Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Victor Lesperance
United States
Northville
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Appologies in advance, I've never seen the rulebook or quest book. A guy brings his copy to game days.

We just played the scenario where you have to light 4 beacons before 4 villagers die.

The monsters consisted of 2 shadow dragons and 2 tentacled things. Every time we killed one of them, the overlord simply placed it back at the start point as a "reinforcement." Full strength, and with one move, it was back on the attack.

It was taking the whole party 2-3 rounds to kill just one, so the instant bounce back seemed odd.

Does this sound right? I'm suspicious that a leader shadow dragon is a "reinforcement." I would think reinforcements should be more in the "cannon fodder" category of creature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay K
United Kingdom
West Malling
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
Nothing to see here. Please move on
badge
It's about time!
mbmbmbmbmb
From memory we had the "tentacled things" Merriod I believe they're called and they can be reintroduced as reinforcements on the entrance space. For the other group I think we had flesh moulders and they were reinforcements at the opposite end of the board. Red and tan monsters can be used as reinforcements.

With 4 heroes you should be able to move the villagers to a safe spot, behind your heroes and use your heroes to block monster movement while one hero attempts to light the beacons. We used the thief.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris Zutic
Serbia
Belgrade
New Belgrade
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Overlord can have two groups of monsters and he can bring one figure as reinforcment at the start of his turn up to the group limit.

Brgds
B

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin REEVE
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kill two.
BTW, your heroes should concentrate upon lighting the beacons and your villagers upon running to the shack - and slam the doors in the faces of the monsters.
Killing monsters would only be usefull if they are hindrances to reaching your tactical objective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Lesperance
United States
Northville
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, maybe someone can confirm Jason's reply. Our overlord was reinforcing everything at either spot. So, the dragons blocked the door preventing us from proceeding. Thus we killed the dragons. But then he "reinforced" them to the other side where all 4 monsters completely gummed up the last corrodor. We couldn't send 1 thief to light the beacon, we sent all 4 heroes, and still couldn't advance faster than they regenerated.

And to Robin's reply: Can overlord monsters open doors? We slammed the doors shut behind us, and he just had the dragon open it for action one, then fire breath the villagers to death on action two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin REEVE
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Monsters can open doors (it costs an action).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have a lot of experience but we found that it is important to focus on the quest. If you are all about killing monsters then you will have fun until the Overlord overwhelms you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Željan Sudeta
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spielguy wrote:
I don't have a lot of experience but we found that it is important to focus on the quest. If you are all about killing monsters then you will have fun until the Overlord overwhelms you.

Well my thought on this is that if you are playing with the OL player who doesn't like the heroes to lose but to have fun then the heroes will win most of the quests (OL will choose smaller and weaker monsters instead of big and nasty ones) otherwise the OL will crush heroes almost every time because the quests are not balanced (OL has advantage in most of them) and also if you have Conversion kit for the OL to chose monsters from then heroes are in big trouble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin REEVE
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vlesperance wrote:
And to Robin's reply: Can overlord monsters open doors? We slammed the doors shut behind us, and he just had the dragon open it for action one, then fire breath the villagers to death on action two.
The dragon's attack must target an adjacent figure (not an empty square).
If you don't leave the villagers adjacent to the door and disperse them, Fire Breath (which only can be generated by a surge) won't hit them all at one time.
Take also in account the obstacles in the shack - which can make the dragons' deployment not as easy at it could seem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.