Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Fox
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game: Frag (Gold edition)

Players: Me and the kid (i.e., my 13 year old son)

Scope: Only enough time for 1 "game." First person to three frags wins.

Overview:

---I came out way too aggressive and only did 1 damage on an early attack. The kid scored the first frag. Used a cheat code to upgrade pretty much everything. Took me out with a big gun blazing.

The kid 1, me 0

---The kid got me again fairly quickly. Looking like another typical gaming experience where the kid has the mojo and I end up toast.

The kid 2, me 0

---Decided I had to get at least 1 frag and avoid being skunked. Used an "Adrenaline Surge" to amp up my health and speed, moved halfway across the board, and took him out. During the next turn, I got him down to 1 health before dying an unscored frag (an effect of the Adrenaline surge).

The kid 2, me 1

---I used another "Adrenaline Surge" to get him again! The kid came back, used his own "Adrenaline Surge," and attacked with a big gun (I think Lightning Blaster). BUT, he overlooked that my health was still up at 4 (due to "Adrenaline Surge") so I ended up only taking one damage and avoided a frag.

The kid 2, me 2

---For the final frag, I got a great initial speed roll, so I rushed him from 14 spaces away or so and bet it all on the next attack. I ended up connecting with a big gun and taking him out.

The kid 2, me 3

Duration: This game took about an hour. We were really working the entire board and waiting for optimal times to attack. Lots of patience and maneuvering. It was by far our best session of Frag.

Outcome: A rarity. Dad beat the kid

Overall Assessment: Epic session.

Final Thoughts: I'm really glad we have this game. We relearned the rules, set it up, played a game (consisting of 5 frags, no less) and put it away in about 60 minutes. Lots of laughs, too. Sometimes you just can't squeeze in a game like Descent or Gears of War or even Lord of the Rings, and these randomness + strategy = good fun gaming types of games really serve you well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.