Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

Can winter replacements be made in a besieged city? We played yes, even though we both felt that this wasn't right. It was not an exception in the rules.

Is there a reinforcement draw (8.0) in Mud? We thought no, since it cancels the rest of the turn, but rereading the opening paragraph from 8.0, I think that it might be the case.

Thanks,
Jason ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There can only be a besieged city over winter if the Winter Campaign card was played, and you cannot reinforce besieged defenders. This is in the newest version of the rules, where the Winter Campaign card was changed to allow a siege to continue over winter.

Mud cancels the draw, but not siege attrition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert R
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I think he was asking more about replacing steps to a besieged group over the winter (by the use of a Winter Campaign Card by the attacker), and not necessarily reinforcing that group. As per the new 1.3 rules, the besieger doesn't get replacement steps, but the rules don't say about the besieged group clearly.

I would vote for a no if you read rule 9.3 LITERALLY. The town provides the replacement steps, not the castle. And in a siege, the besieger is controlling the town, making it necessary to clarify that they can't get replacements from that (second paragraph rule 9.1).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, perhaps I was misreading the rules. I thought it was referring to the besieged not getting the replacements, but you could very well be right...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I used the term replacements, not reinforcements. By that I mean winter replacements. And yes, the only time this could happen was with the winter card. I would agree that it doesn't make sense to get winter replacements if besieged.

Regarding the mud, under section 8.0 in the first para (I think, I don't have my rules here.), it states that one gets reinforcements (a block draw) on all turns but winter. So, basically does mud also cancel this out? I don't think that it states.

Thanks again,
Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.