Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: solo2013 [+] [View All]
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
If given the option, I would prefer to play with the green pieces, please.
badge
I have two new 9 Card Games: 300 Spartans and Franky's 1st Christmas
mbmbmbmbmb
Germflinger wrote:
So there will be no geek list for the WIP games prior to the finalized/complete stage? Just post our game entry here and create a WIP in the Game Design Forum?
Correct. I'll maintain the list of entries in the 2nd post of this thread. This is a small difference from the 2 Player Contest.

Germflinger wrote:
I've been looking forward to this contest!
Glad to hear it! Me too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll donate some GG eventually to the category prizes, but I'm also going to give a special prize:

I'm going to give 20 to every designer that gets a game into the contest. It's not much, but it's a way I can say thank you to all the PnP solo designers out there. You all keep me in new games for much of the year, and it's the least I can do to say thanks. Getting a game to the contest-ready phase is no easy task, and everyone who does deserves some credit.

Looking forward to this year! Just started playtesting yesterday...
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Weaver
United States
International Falls
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my WIP for my entry into the 2013 contest. Still working on getting it finished and playtested, but I didn't want to forget to post here. The game is an escape styled deck management game with a futuristic dystopian setting. It is called Uproot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mads l. brynnum
Denmark
2400 Kbh. NV
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This year I'm hoping to join the fun with a game based on Robin Hobbs excellent Farseer trilogy. It's about a kingdom's desperate struggle against cruel raiders and the magical quest that can maybe help - WIP thread here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eracer68 wrote:
I think there is something wrong with me, because now I really want to try "Yard Work the Board Game". I think you need to add this as a category. laugh
I asked my four year old daughter what she would do if she was making a board game. She said she'd have twigs, leaves, and an owl. I'm not sure where she came up with that idea but it was the beginning of Yard Work the Board Game. I did the sketches and she did all the coloring.

If you would like to steal the idea for your game, it's all yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have updated the Entries List with all the games posted here so far.

I've also updated the Category prize posts. Please tip any of those that you would like to contribute to. Please tip the first post of this thread to contribute to the general prize pool.

You'll notice that there are currently three Category Prizes that are still available. If you have an idea for a category prize, please post it here. I'd like to keep them related to game mechanics rather than theme if possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Baker
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck, designers! Can't wait to see what you've come up with this year. And thanks as always to Chris for running this awesome contest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d b
United States
De Forest
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
The road is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind.
badge
I taught my dog to play Mage Knight... good dog.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've added this thread to my Metalist of Solo-able Games.

Looking forward to seeing the submissions and development work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I fight for the users!!!
United States
Lancaster
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Attention Program -- You will receive an Identity Disc. Everything you do or learn will be imprinted on this disc. If you lose your disc, or fail to follow commands, you will be subject to immediate deresolution!
badge
Defender of the Grid! "I Fight for the Users!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in with my game about moonshining!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyraziel wrote:
Let us know when you've got a WIP Thread for it. Looking forward to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew H
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
radchad wrote:
fur94 wrote:
Got to finish two for the In a Tin/Express contest too, but then hope to start one for this contest. I had a blast last year and look forward to the great games this year. Thanks for organizing this and for timing out the official dates around the other contests.

Plus your game was completely awesome!

Thank you for the Vassal version. I wish I could even make one, let alone make it as well as you do. I hope I can make a game you like again this year. If you, or anyone else would like to weigh in on my ideas for this contest, I'd appreciate the feedback.
Thank you.
Andy

Solo PNP Contest Game Brainstorming
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago Eximeno
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my WIP for the contest.

Moon Base (provisional name), a sci-fi board game with dice and color cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darn you all for getting me interested. i may actually have the beginning of an idea

the question is whether to continue my personal theme of a new Lassadar trilogy with these contests or break out into new ground

will mull it over this weekend
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Baker
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dumarest123 wrote:
darn you all for getting me interested. i may actually have the beginning of an idea

the question is whether to continue my personal theme of a new Lassadar trilogy with these contests or break out into new ground

will mull it over this weekend

Well at least we know that no matter what you decide it will be beautiful and have interesting mechanisms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you tracy

what i am thinking of all of a sudden is something rather unique and set in my Our Dust Earth one page RPG world which would be a nice crossbreeding experiment

usually when my mind is turning like this the game turns out to be something like Shadows Upon Lassadar or Ragnarok

good thing i am going away for a few days with nothing to do but relax and think

definitely will use a deck of cards to be both the board as well as various things in the game. i always like the portability of a deck and the mutability
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
For the King!
badge
I bend all elements!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I can't resist a contest. It's really becoming a problem (an awesome, amazing, delicious problem).

To start, I've decided to make Nimbles the Spell Thief into a tradition; with a second Nimbles game for the second Solitaire contest I am participating in:

Nimbles: Dungeon of Despair

Early brainstorming and development; but dexterity mechanics meet solo dungeon crawl. I'm excited.

Also, I don't want to say too much yet, but I am (again on the coattails of my work last year) working very hard on a re-imagining of Bionic. It's been a long hard task, but I've made some great headway and I am looking forward to sharing the new Bionic and its underlying game system (that will be adaptable/expandable to any story-telling adventure game or choose your own adventure module). Soon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Dodgin
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Here's my entry for my WIP, LRRP - a solitaire card game set during the Vietnam War, in which you control a six man Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol (LRRP) as it carries out a number of missions deep in indian country.

preview of some initial cards (text still to be added to some)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
richdodgin wrote:
(apologies for putting the whole URL, could not work out how to add a BGG link !!)

With no space after the =
[url= http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/12848970#12848970]my text here[/url]

Example:
LRRP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I fight for the users!!!
United States
Lancaster
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Attention Program -- You will receive an Identity Disc. Everything you do or learn will be imprinted on this disc. If you lose your disc, or fail to follow commands, you will be subject to immediate deresolution!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Candi wrote:
Well, I can't resist a contest. It's really becoming a problem (an awesome, amazing, delicious problem).

To start, I've decided to make Nimbles the Spell Thief into a tradition; with a second Nimbles game for the second Solitaire contest I am participating in:

Early brainstorming and development; but dexterity mechanics meet solo dungeon crawl. I'm excited.

Also, I don't want to say too much yet, but I am (again on the coattails of my work last year) working very hard on a re-imagining of Bionic. It's been a long hard task, but I've made some great headway and I am looking forward to sharing the new Bionic and its underlying game system (that will be adaptable/expandable to any story-telling adventure game or choose your own adventure module). Soon...

Do I get any more GG for the continued use of the name I submitted to you last time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I fight for the users!!!
United States
Lancaster
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chansen2794 wrote:
Tyraziel wrote:
Let us know when you've got a WIP Thread for it. Looking forward to it.

I'm thinking it will be some type of worker placement, card draw type game, with the ever increasing threat of being found out and put behind bars (or half your workers.) Gah! These contests and making me want to create a WIP thread! I still have a contest to run myself!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Dodgin
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luke the Flaming wrote:
richdodgin wrote:
(apologies for putting the whole URL, could not work out how to add a BGG link !!)

With no space after the =
[url= http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/12848970#12848970]my text here[/url]

Example:
LRRP

Thanks !!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
For the King!
badge
I bend all elements!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyraziel wrote:
Candi wrote:

Do I get any more GG for the continued use of the name I submitted to you last time?

Credit (and royalties) where credit (and royalties) are due. Tipped
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomás Díaz
Chile
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are allowed games in any other language than english?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rayo Azul wrote:
Are allowed games in any other language than english?
This hasn't come up before. I don't see a reason why not, although your audience on this site will be smaller if you don't have an English translation available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McLean
Australia
Brunswick
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I'm entering this with Fifth World Problems, which I guess is a solo worker placement card game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [37] |