tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomás Díaz
Chile
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings.

Here's my WIP thread about "The Centurion's Journey", my card driven solitaire PnP game:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1006905/wip-the-centurio...

Muchas gracias
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
If given the option, I would prefer to play with the green pieces, please.
badge
I have two new 9 Card Games: 300 Spartans and Franky's 1st Christmas
mbmbmbmbmb
This contest attracts a lot of new users and I occasionally get asked about how and when designers should add their contest games to BGG. To try and preemptively answer a few of these questions, I have added the following section to the rules in the Recommended Section.

Quote:
Adding Your Game to BoardGameGeek
Games may be entered into the BGG Database when designers feel the games are complete. When entering games from the contest, please remember the BGG rule for self-published games, which is found in the BGG Guide to Game Submissions.
BGG Guide to Game Submissions wrote:
For self-published games and user-designer efforts, a game is ready to be added to the BGG database after the game has undergone play-testing and is available in its final form. If details about the game are still being resolved and the rules are still being changed over the course of the play-testing, the game is not sufficiently finalized for a BGG entry.
Games are not required to be entered into the database to be eligible for the contest, but I’d strongly recommend adding your game when you are ready so that it can be more easily accessible to a wider audience than just those who follow this contest. When the game is in the database, you can host files directly on the game’s page or link to them on a remote server from the Web Links section.

Games from this contest should only be added by the designer or by others with the designer’s permission.

If you have entered your game into the database and have not added yourself as a board game designer or artist, please consider doing that as well so you can receive proper credit.

To add a game, designer, or artist to the database, click on the submission forms under the misc tab from the site toolbar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Peet
United States
Milford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic idea Chris, this will be very helpful to new designers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fin coe
United States
Chicago
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My entry to this contest: The tentatively titled Cultivate. A tile-stacking game of horticulture, wherein you try your hardest not to kill a plant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riccardo Menozzi
Italy
Reggio Emilia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone, this is my first attempt ever trying to design a board game!
Currently WIP, The Alchemist is a solitaire adventure where you take the role of an alchemist on a quest to retrieve an ancient artifact. Main features are exploring and traveling, combat with diverse types of enemies, gathering and crafting various potions and bombs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lizzie
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” ― G.K. Chesterton
badge
A Hug a Day keeps the Doctor away!
mbmbmbmbmb
OK I have never tried a solo game design before, but here goes:

[Brainstorming] 2013 Solitaire Print and Play Contest
A paragraph-driven game that really needs a title.

Brainstorming at the moment and any suggestions welcome. I am away this weekend but hopefully can start doing some writing before the end of the month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
All right.

I'm in: The Harbinger Project

If I can finish testing this in time for the contest I can get 20! Wait...

I mentioned it there, but in case no one looks, I am looking for a graphic designer for this project, even if it's not in time for the contest. Tell your friends!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ErikPeter Walker
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/145148/
badge
Expand
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be creating something this year, but this time I'll try to finish it on time.

[WIP] (1PNPC 2013) Untitled card-driven roguelike (Abandoned)

Thanks for running the contest! Managing it all must be a herculean task.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone

I’ve just added a WIP thread for my game Endless Nightmare:

You’re caught in an endless, ever shifting nightmare hunted by The Shadow – an ominous all devouring presence. You try to outrun it and avoid going insane from the horrors of the nightmare, but it’s just a matter of time until you succumb.

Mechanically the game is a simple push your luck, risk management game consisting of a small rulebook, a one page game board, ten small markers and a six sided die (markers and die must be supplied by you). The game also has an “Active” version (requiring more components) where you for example have to hold your breath in real life to avoid drowning in the game.

After three decades of designing games for fun this is the first one I’ve made publically available, so I’d really appreciate any feedback you might have whether good or bad.

The basic version of the game is already available for download in the thread, and the “Active” version will hopefully be ready during the first half of next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm quite new to PnP'ing and maybe I don't fit in very well, since I have at least twelve thumbs so I stick to what I call no assembly required PnPs, i.e. PnPs that can just be printed and played without using scissors or glue.

So if you enter a game into the contest that require no assembly then let me know and I'll try it out and give you feedback as my time allows. If it's thematic I might also write about it on my blog: Thematic Solitaires for the Spare Time Challenged.

Edited to add: This is a no strings attached, no questions asked offer . My game may not appeal to you, you may not have the time, or have any number of other reasons, so I'm not asking that you try my game out in return.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have now uploaded the full version of my game, so it's now "Components Ready". If you're interested and have the time, then please check out my thread: WIP Endless Nightmare – a solitaire no assembly required PnP for the 2013 contest – Contest Ready. Feedback will be greatly appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have added all new games posted on this list and emailed to me to the Entry List.

I will be going through the individual entries later today to make sure that game information is accurate and up to date.

Please review your game's description in the Entry List and let me know if there are any problems.

Thanks for all the entries everyone! This contest is looking awesome so far!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chansen2794 wrote:
I have added all new games posted on this list and emailed to me to the Entry List.

I will be going through the individual entries later today to make sure that game information is accurate and up to date.

Please review your game's description in the Entry List and let me know if there are any problems.

Moon Base by Santiago Eximeno has changed name to Colony 9.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chansen2794 wrote:

May I ask "Y" the description of my game "Endless Nightmare" is missing the first letter?

"ou’re caught in an endless, ever shifting nightmare"

Sorry about the very bad pun.

19 contestants so far, and the contest haven't even officially started yet . That's awesome. I hope many more show up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
chansen2794 wrote:

Not quite sure on your definitions, but The Harbinger Project has non-final components and is open for public playtesting. So probably beyond the Idea Phase?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Total Entries
Idea Phase: 14
Initial Playtesting: 2
Components Ready: 3
Contest Ready: 0
Total Games: 19

Do you know how many participated in the previous contests and what the fraction was of entries that were actually finished?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pusherman42 wrote:
chansen2794 wrote:

Not quite sure on your definitions, but The Harbinger Project has non-final components and is open for public playtesting. So probably beyond the Idea Phase?

Having played the game, I can attest that it's beyond the idea phase .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago Eximeno
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, "Moon Base" is now called "Colony 9 and it's in Initial Playtesting Phase.

19 games, fantastic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
May I ask "Y" the description of my game "Endless Nightmare" is missing the first letter?

"ou’re caught in an endless, ever shifting nightmare"
I am a copy and paste noob.

All other mentioned changes are complete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
Quote:
Total Entries

Do you know how many participated in the previous contests and what the fraction was of entries that were actually finished?
In 2011 there was a total of 45 games entered.
32 of them were finished (71%)

In 2012 there was a total of 84 games entered.
49 of the them were finished (58%)

I'm hoping to see a completion rate closer to the 2011 results this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chansen2794 wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:
Quote:
Total Entries

In 2011 there was a total of 45 games entered.
32 of them were finished (71%)

In 2012 there was a total of 84 games entered.
49 of the them were finished (58%)

I'm hoping to see a completion rate closer to the 2011 results this year.

Thanks. That's interesting and I must say that I find both completion rates much higher than I would have thought, but I shall do my very best to help beat the record this year .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may be interested to know that one of the games from the 2012 Solitaire Print and Play Contest has recently been published.

Going Viral by John Gibson has been published by Victory Point Games as Infection: Humanity's Last Gasp. I've had the opportunity to play it several times and it is a terrific game. It has come a long way from the original game that was entered but it still has the same theme and very similar game play.

Congratulations John!

Edit:
John Gibson clarified to me that Going Viral was developed as a PNP version of Infection. Infection had already been designed and submitted to VPG. Going Viral was meant to be a striped down version with no components required. Sorry for the confusion on my original post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chansen2794 wrote:
You may be interested to know that one of the games from the 2012 Solitaire Print and Play Contest has recently been published.

Going Viral by John Gibson has been published by Victory Point Games as Infection: Humanity's Last Gasp. I've had the opportunity to play it several times and it is a terrific game. It has come a long way from the original game that was entered but it still has the same theme and very similar game play.

Congratulations John!

Thanks. I didn't know that. I'm subscribing to VPG here on The Geek, so I've noticed the game and have read several of the threads on it. It has been a joy to see Johns obvious passion for his game and if not for the recent purchase of a house, which have made my wife and I decrease our "allowances", I would have bought the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
chansen2794 wrote:

Congratulations John!

Yeah, saw that. It's on my short list. Which is a very long list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [37] |