Darin Stephenson
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
I do not run and hide... I strategically maneuver.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

A few rules questions came up in our first play of Berlin Wall -- we're going from the English translation included with the Moon/Berlin Wall package. I didn't see these answered in any of the Berlin Wall forums.

1) In the setup, do you just replace blue (in the east) and red (in the west) on the map, or also on the goods growth chart? The translated rules say only for the city setup, but lots of red and blue came out on the wrong side of the goods display -- is that OK?

2) The rules say no shipments through or to cities with red cubes (and the same for blue cubes). Are shipments allowed FROM cities with red/blue cubes? We didn't know if shipping from a red cube counted as "through" it.

3) In another post, Alban said that red cubes block shipments to/through, even in if they're in the west. Similarly, blue blocks shipments to/through anywhere on the board. Correct?

4) Red cubes are allowed to break the rule and ship to/through other red cubes -- similarly blue are allowed to ship to/through other blue. The rules would seem to indicate, though, that blue shipments must obey the red cube shipment rule and vice versa. Given that we didn't replace blue and red on the growth chart at the start of the game, this led to an odd situation where every red city had a blue cube on it and nearly every blue city had a red cube on it -- so nothing blue or red could be delivered (except to maybe one blue city) if we are interpreting the rule correctly. This jammed the other color deliveries up as well. Are we interpreting this correctly?

Fun map, though, even if we played a few rules incorrectly!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

1) In the setup, do you just replace blue (in the east) and red (in the west) on the map, or also on the goods growth chart? The translated rules say only for the city setup, but lots of red and blue came out on the wrong side of the goods display -- is that OK?

---->You only replace the cubes on the board , not the cubes on the production chart. So players have to worry that later in the game , some blue or ref cubes will arrive on the board and will cut the network!!!

2) The rules say no shipments through or to cities with red cubes (and the same for blue cubes). Are shipments allowed FROM cities with red/blue cubes? We didn't know if shipping from a red cube counted as "through" it.

--->From is allowed.

3) In another post, Alban said that red cubes block shipments to/through, even in if they're in the west. Similarly, blue blocks shipments to/through anywhere on the board. Correct?

No

4) Red cubes are allowed to break the rule and ship to/through other red cubes -- similarly blue are allowed to ship to/through other blue. The rules would seem to indicate, though, that blue shipments must obey the red cube shipment rule and vice versa. Given that we didn't replace blue and red on the growth chart at the start of the game, this led to an odd situation where every red city had a blue cube on it and nearly every blue city had a red cube on it -- so nothing blue or red could be delivered (except to maybe one blue city) if we are interpreting the rule correctly. This jammed the other color deliveries up as well. Are we interpreting this correctly?

Fun map, though, even if we played a few rules incorrectly!

--->Well I think that you have to remember that the red cubes symbolize the Union soviet army and the blue cubes are the Allies army.
So at the set up phase, saying just after the WWII, it is impossible to have red cubes on the West side of the Map and impossible to have blue cubes on the East side of the Map
The production chart is filled up like in the basic game
If you have some soldiers on your network you can not pass throught but you can pick up cubes from cities which have soldiers on them.
So blue cubes cut the connections on the West part and Red cubes cut the connections in the East part of the map .
Red and blue cubes are also concerned by this restriction!
The production phase is exactly the same like the basic game

When the wall falls there are no restrictions any more
I recommand playing this Map with 4 players

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Stephenson
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
I do not run and hide... I strategically maneuver.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the detailed reply. That all makes sense, and I hope to get a 4-player game of this in soon!
Darin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palfer-Sollier Fabien
France
Montpellier
Unspecified
flag msg tools
nabla wrote:

No

Est-ce que cela signifie que les rouges jusqu'à la chute du mur bloquent partout et que les bleus ne bloquent le transit de marchandises qu'à l'ouest? Dans un autre post, tu sembles effectivement indiquer que les bleus bloquent le transit sur tout le plateau comme les rouges.

Merci d'avance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Non les rouges ne bloquent qu'à l'Est, logique non ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.