Lugubrious Trickster
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Down along the creek, I remember something
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe J had to go and Joe P had arrived during SoC, so we ended the day with 8-player Bohnanza, always fun. I splained the rules and probably ran roughshod over everyone enforcing them during the game. But some of the rules (like the fixed card/hand order and "don't immediately plant trades") are unusual and in my experience get easily forgotten. Also,the trading tends to get long-winded and repetitive with this many players if everyone repeats the obvious all the time, but at the same time new players sometimes miss the obvious, so…you need an MC of sorts to keep things moving. Joe P, at the faaar end of the table, quietly stole the game with 11 gold, Bill had ten, three of us had 9, so it was real close.

I think the game went well despite the large number of players. There were only 20 or so cards in the second round and even fewer in the third, so they went *real* fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.