Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zak
Canada
Wolfville
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know of any Canadian retailers who have or are planning to get DoA 2? $30 shipping plus the chance of customs fees is a bit steep and since I've never played this, I can't justify going for the full package either.

Cheers,

Zak
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Grey
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked Starlit Citadel, German Games, Cult of the New, and Meeplemart. None of them have it. Godboma went out of business recently and they're the only other online retailer in Canada that I know about.

Edit: I'm no help. Sorry.

Edit 2: There's a seller from the US on ebay with a brand new copy and affordable shipping to Canada ($15 to NB). http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Duel-of-Ages-II-board-game-Worldspann...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franco
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Shipping is $10 direct from the publisher for the next week, though at MSRP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
loquitur wrote:
Shipping is $10 direct from the publisher for the next week, though at MSRP.
Only for basic + master set and he didn't wanted to order both.

Maybe Amazon got better shipping fees? They only have 4 basic copies left atm though.

But it would be better to order from cool stuff inc or miniature market anyway. Not sure it would be less expensive from a Canadian retailer at MSRP + VAT I suppose. I don't know how customs work in Canada.

I still have my fight with the customs about the MSRP + true shipping vs price paid for the package as base for my VAT .. (Posten looked at the custom declaration and not the invoice and as such I got VAT on 179,98 + 71,85.)

It's shit because it's written as MSRP for the value on the game everywhere so maybe they think the game was worth it and the selled paid the extra $62 and that I still should pay VAT for it rather than if it had been written as 71,85 shipping and 118.13 for the game which would had been the price paid.

I suppose they understand how it really was from the invoice but who knows, maybe it's much harder to change what has already been decided ..

Some work (and cost) regardless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
badge
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't get hit with import fees when I ordered direct, but then again I rarely do.
Also, Brett was kind enough not to bother with UPS so you won't be dealing with their crooked "brokerage fees".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franco
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Svengaard wrote:
I didn't get hit with import fees when I ordered direct, but then again I rarely do.
Also, Brett was kind enough not to bother with UPS so you won't be dealing with their crooked "brokerage fees".

I just pulled the trigger for direct order, so hopefully I'll also sidestep extra fees.

I asked at GermanGames and Woodforsheep, and neither has it coming to their distributors for the foreseeable future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Over 50 Gamer
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Oliver......one cool cat
badge
MEOW!
mbmbmbmbmb
Svengaard wrote:

I direct ordered as well (the collectors set) and did not get hit with any extra fees at all. I never played DoA1, and am totally enthralled with this game. I have played hundreds of different games, and none have come close to the number of 'holy f**k thats cool!' moments Ive had with DofAII.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carter Tinney
Canada
flag msg tools
I had the same problem. I bit the bullet and went for Full Collector's version from the publisher despite having never played DoA, simply because I couldn't justify $30 for shipping the base game, and then inevitably paying another $30 for shipping the Master Set when I found out I loved the game (just from the description I was very sure I would). This way, I saved $50, got some extra pieces, and got a signed copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franco
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Game arrived and I wasn't charged anything extra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madd Mugsy
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If any fellow canucks are still looking for it, Boardgamewarriors.com has it - reservable for in-store pickup for Vancouverites

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Grey
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also saw this in stock at The Comic Hunter in Moncton, NB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.