Shadows over Camelot» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Armor / Dragon Board? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Gast
United States
California
flag msg tools
So the rules say when You complete Lancelot's Armor, you flip the board over to the Dragon Side.

Then it says, when you finish the Dragon quest, that board is removed from the game.

What do the rules mean by removing the board from the game. What I mean is. When you finish the Grail / Excalibur quests, you flip the board over and it specificly states that Excalibur & Grail Cards are then turned into siege engines.

When you "Remove the Dragon Board from the game" does that mean the armor / dragon cards do nothing? Or does it mean that Armor / Dragon cards now also turn into siege engines?

-- Jafar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mills
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you remove the Dragon quest, any more Lancelot/Dragon cards become siege engines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hall
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
Yes, David is correct. They don't print symbology telling you that further Lancelot/Dragon cards palce siege engines because a board only has two sides, not three. Also, the Dragon Quest finishing is a relatively rare event anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Anderson
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Umm, isn't the dragon quest a repeating quest?
It doesn't get removed on completion, instead it can be attepted multiple times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tootsie Roll
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I came. I saw.
badge
I lost miserably.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dragon quest is not a repeating quest. It is removed, and they become seige engines.

However, we have not seen this be a rare occasion. It is almost always completed for us, but it generally happens late and only results in 1-3 seige engines. Maybe we get through more turns than other people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Washington
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
Jafar wrote:

When you "Remove the Dragon Board from the game" does that mean the armor / dragon cards do nothing? Or does it mean that Armor / Dragon cards now also turn into siege engines?

-- Jafar

I hate it when stuff gets covered before I can say anything...

But I'm up there with the crowd -

a) once the Dragon Quest is finished, any further Lancelot/Dragon cards add a Siege Engine,
b) it is written up that way in the rules but not on the board because both sides of that board are already used up,
c) and generally the Dragon board won't finish out until very late in the game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hall
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
jentinma wrote:
However, we have not seen this be a rare occasion. It is almost always completed for us, but it generally happens late and only results in 1-3 seige engines.

How do you manage to get that to happen?

I should probably have said, "It is relatively rare for the Dragon Quest to complete without finishing the game." In my group, it probably finishes reasonably often, but rarely without ending the game. If every quest is completed once, and Heroism is played, that's 12 swords. Due to the delayed start of the Dragon Quest (after the Lancelot Quest completes), we generally finish each other Quest (for good or ill) before the Dragon completes, and it doesn't take much more on top of that to end the game.

Quote:
Maybe we get through more turns than other people.

Possibly, but that's an indication of your group needing more turns to win rather than faster play or something like that. My group doesn't play with a completed Dragon Quest very often because we win the game before having that occur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.