Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What are "Duel Vent" pieces in the 2013 reprint. could these pieces be purchased separately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Yeager
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are a three-tile mini-expansion with the new edition of Pompeii. As they're three blank spots that we had on the new tile sheet for the lava tiles, they are not being offered separately.

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E T
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The success of the game and the anticipated reprint is largely due to the current owners introducing the OOP game to many new gamers.

I personally have at least five people who are purchasing because of my introduction. It would be disappointing if current owners had to make their own tiles using extra carcassonne tiles or other gaming components if the game play is that much different.

Professionally made tiles are always better and I am sure most users would be happy to buy the Mayfair tiles if they were ever produced. (BGG store maybe?)

Just curious
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Harper
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Duel Vent?
Now that people are getting copies, can someone give an overview of the rules for the added tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Z
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 3 lava tiles printed on both sides with different symbols. When you draw it, you can choose which side to place it (giving you more options, where to place it). That's all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E T
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there the same number of tiles? If it "adds" that much to the new game it might be possible to just add the info to the existing tiles. We use a bag to draw from anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Neves
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Qbaza wrote:
There are 3 lava tiles printed on both sides with different symbols.

What are the symbol matchups for each tile?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Z
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UtahScott wrote:
Qbaza wrote:

Scroll - Vase
Helmet - Mask
Coin - Column
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Z
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gradman2k3 wrote:
Are there the same number of tiles? If it "adds" that much to the new game it might be possible to just add the info to the existing tiles. We use a bag to draw from anyway.

I'm not sure I understand your question, but there is normal set of tiles (one sided, 7 of Vase, Helmet and Mask, 8 of Scroll, Column and Coin) and 3 extra ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardy
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
just 3 tiles, which are double sided... not really worth making much fuzz about.

if you want to have this with the old version, just mark a few tiles on the back (probably then do it with more than 3 to have some noteworthy effect)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Neves
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Qbaza wrote:
UtahScott wrote:
Qbaza wrote:

Scroll - Vase
Helmet - Mask
Coin - Column

Thanks a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flip Florey
United States
Brewer
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I own the original and would love to get my hands on the mini-expansion. I know it sounds minor, but I think it would be a great goodwill gesture to all the current owners. They are after all, the ones who were out there championing it and rallying enough people to make a demand for reprinting.

I love mini-expansions too. I know they don't really add a lot, but they do add just enough to give it a bit more flavor without dropping $ 40 - $50 on basically a whole new game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GameKnightMaine wrote:
I own the original and would love to get my hands on the mini-expansion. I know it sounds minor, but I think it would be a great goodwill gesture to all the current owners. They are after all, the ones who were out there championing it and rallying enough people to make a demand for reprinting.

I love mini-expansions too. I know they don't really add a lot, but they do add just enough to give it a bit more flavor without dropping $ 40 - $50 on basically a whole new game.

I absolutely agree. They can sell hem through BGG store
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.