GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,551 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Agricola» Forums » General

Subject: When can we expect I-deck addition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CHI HIM LEUNG
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
I know it might be too early to say about this, but I am already bored with the E-deck by many countless numbers of times....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Gilbert
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
I thought I heard something like September - but I'm not certain...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
him_15 wrote:
I know it might be too early to say about this, but I am already bored with the E-deck by many countless numbers of times....

I'm not bored yet... but I'm certainly missing the others.

I would appreciate an official announcement about the developer's intentions with card decks. Specifically,

a) When is the I deck anticipated?
b) When is the K deck anticipated?
c) What other decks do you anticipate adding, and when?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Weis
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
I would appreciate an official announcement about the developer's intentions with card decks. Specifically,

a+b) Both will be released in Fall 2013.
c) Most of them, although some might be missing cards that don't work well in the digital version. We haven't yet announced any schedule for when these will be released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
incinerator wrote:
Thunkd wrote:

c) Most of them, although some might be missing cards that don't work well in the digital version. We haven't yet announced any schedule for when these will be released.

Thanks!

So the plan is to release I & K concurrently? I wonder if it might be quicker if you did one before the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHI HIM LEUNG
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
incinerator wrote:
Thunkd wrote:

Cool! Can't wait for that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thunkd wrote:
incinerator wrote:
Thunkd wrote:

Thanks!

So the plan is to release I & K concurrently? I wonder if it might be quicker if you did one before the other.

I'd imagine from a coding standpoint the interfaces and flow for the I deck (Buyers, common cards like the Clay Pit) are probably more complicated than the interfaces and the flow for the K deck (Veterinarian, Perpetual Student, Organic Farmer, Frame Builder, etc)

And I don't want to know what they're going to do for the "adjacent" occupations in the Wm deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shields
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zeroth hour wrote:

I'd imagine from a coding standpoint the interfaces and flow for the I deck (Buyers, common cards like the Clay Pit) are probably more complicated than the interfaces and the flow for the K deck (Veterinarian, Perpetual Student, Organic Farmer, Frame Builder, etc)

And I don't want to know what they're going to do for the "adjacent" occupations in the Wm deck.

I'll bet there will be some cards they just don't bother to include. Any card that cares about what order the round cards came up in would require the game to start marking that somehow. And yeah anything that cares about adjacency or about the boards that you lay the cards on creates a whole new set of problems.

Biggest problem with the buyers is going to be not using up your clock. Not sure I'd want a Wood Buyer in a 30 minute game. That's a whole lot of additional actions on my clock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Lake Elsinore
California
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want the world; I just want your half.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
incinerator wrote:
Thunkd wrote:

Thanks!

Hey Gary

Have you guys given any thought to adding any "advanced gamer" customization features, I.e. the ability to exclude certain cards?

The community run by
Chris Deotte
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
has exhaustively polled and researched the players at their site to conclude the power level of certain cards, and more importantly, which to be excluded outright, i.e. lover, wet nurse, rat catcher, wood hut extension, etc....

I realize playdek was apparently well capable of making an app which, in my opinion is unmatched in meeting expectations, but a conversation with the folks over at that other site may help identify some easy customizations which would make many of us here do backflips...

I mention this selfishly because my friends and I have had to already make agreements like "okay if ratcatcher comes up don't forget you can't use it" and because
Chris Deotte
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
is right down the 5 freeway from playdek's offices.

It would be great to see the app have some of these advanced functions and perhaps in the future include the gamer and world championship decks

Regardless, thanks for a fantastic app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHI HIM LEUNG
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
Are there any updated news regarding to the I/K-deck release?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.