Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Fuller
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed that on Boards and Bits they don't list it as imported, like they normally do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Fuller
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
they just responded and told me it has english rules, I guess that means the components are not in english.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
The components are mostly language neutral. There is a little text on the player cards; two are in German, one in French, and one in English. The text isn't required to play; just reminders, really. Rules in all three languages are included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty much what others said. This is just a plug for my player aid. Take a look at my revised player aid in the files section.

Edit: Oh, and the FAQ I accumulated from the German site. It fleshes out the rules in a few spots. Sorry it is a little bit long, but it is categorized.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The player mats are 2-sided. Each side is a character in a different language.

It's not a lot of text. It's 4 German sides, 2 English sides, and 2 French sides.

There are also 2-sided player aids; two in German, one in English, and one in French.

Rules in English are included, but the rules are not the greatest. I found the publisher's website most useful. It has a good tutorial, and you can see the English material.

http://www.kronberger-spiele.de/eng/lost_valley/lostvalley.h...

I have not played it enough, but I will play it a lot more often soon. I think I will like it a lot, once my groups and I get the hang of it.

I am toying with the idea of getting a bunch from Germany soon....to put them up for sale here on the Geek. I was thinking charging $20,- plus $6,50 to cover shipping, PayPal and BGG fees. So, would there be any interest for that price?

PM me, so I can figure out if I should order a bunch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Perron
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are printed in German, French and English. There is also a playing aid in German and English and four price and cost lists in German, French and English. The different characters (female and male) are in German, French and English. All the tiles and counters are language independent.

Basically you can play in any of the listed languages without any problems.

Very good game dripping with theme. Put your raccoon hat and hit the Klondike road you gold diggers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Korner
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Stop poking me! Ow! I mean it! That hurts!
mbmbmbmbmb
Noaceyet wrote:
Rules in English are included, but the rules are not the greatest.

Oddly, I tend to disagree with this statement.

The game is language-independent out of the box, and, as others have commented, a nice thematic jaunt to the Klondike.

pk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PatK wrote:
Noaceyet wrote:
Rules in English are included, but the rules are not the greatest.

Oddly, I tend to disagree with this statement.

The game is language-independent out of the box, and, as others have commented, a nice thematic jaunt to the Klondike.

pk

The game is great thematically and has unique bits.

However, the English rules are only just adequate. One needs the FAQ in order to resolve alot of issues that arise during play.

This was an issue even with the German rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules - even though they are short, organized, and colorful...leave a lot of unanswered questions. But their website, and their tutorial are fantastic, and even without reading through the very long faq, I understood the game a lot better, and now I can't wait to play it again.

I think I want to get a wagon and a rifle the next time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Fuller
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, I'm convinced as soon the guy I sold to on ebay pay I am ordering it. Even if the rules do suck, the theme and the components sell me on this on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fullerbd wrote:
Thanks guys, I'm convinced as soon the guy I sold to on ebay pay I am ordering it. Even if the rules do suck, the theme and the components sell me on this on.

They don't suck....they could be more in depth. But you will like the game...The components are outstanding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Carr
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules lawyers could probably have a field day with the published rules, but they are servicable if you stick with a "spirit of the game" attitude. The faq clears everything up now.

Also the above mentioned play aid on the geek is very handy makes it even easier to learn the game.

I think it's an awesome game, it's injecting plenty of theme into a euro'ed system and I can't recommend it enough for people to pick up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.