Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henrik Bergander
Sweden
Vasteras
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be a G.I. Joe expansion for this game anytime soon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Uthus
Norway
0468 Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably not, since G.I. Joe isn't a Marvel license. And not a part of the Marvel Universe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Dennison
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eiriken wrote:
Probably not, since G.I. Joe isn't a Marvel license. And not a part of the Marvel Universe.

Considering that there are 2 Legendary games/expansions (saying /expansions as they said you will be able to combine them) that are not Marvel related coming out, we can't rule out G.I. Joe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eiriken wrote:

They did announce that a non-marvel Legendary release was in the works that would work with the game so it's anybody's guess. G.I. Joe has been speculated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They referred to it as the "green" expansion so most the speculation I've read here and other places have centered around GI Joe and TMNT....I personally perfer the GI Joe of the two.

But its still just speculation based off one word so who knows if its right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Miller

Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
God I wish these threads would stop popping up. G.I.Joe is owned by Hasbro. Wizards of the Coast is owned by Hasbro. Do the math.

I'm a huge G.I.Joe and Transformers fan (I have a Transformers tattoo for christs sake), and I would love to see these properties get a decent representation in the gaming industry. But if it ever does happen (there have been a couple of terrible attempts), it will be through something done by WotC. Hasbro is not going to license properties out for gaming when they already own the biggest gaming company in the world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Read more comics!
mbmbmbmbmb
OrionPax21 wrote:
God I wish these threads would stop popping up. G.I.Joe is owned by Hasbro. Wizards of the Coast is owned by Hasbro. Do the math.

I'm a huge G.I.Joe and Transformers fan (I have a Transformers tattoo for christs sake), and I would love to see these properties get a decent representation in the gaming industry. But if it ever does happen (there have been a couple of terrible attempts), it will be through something done by WotC. Hasbro is not going to license properties out for gaming when they already own the biggest gaming company in the world.

I agree that it's unlikely but I lean to "never say never" and all that. Hasbro and Wizards have licensed things in the past and money is money so I wouldn't completely cross this off.

FWIW, they owned the licence of Merchant of Venus and Fantasy Flight put that out. As far as I'm concerned, let everyone have fun speculating. Anything can happen.

My vote is actually on Shrek or The Muppets. Why? Because I'd like either of these way more than GI Joe or Transformers. GI Joe and Transformers would really just feel like a re-skinning of marvel legendary where Shrek of The Muppets would have to be something quite unique as they aren't really the fighter types.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eiriken wrote:

The 1980s comics were Marvel, and the universes were linked in "Action Force" (the UK version of GI Joe). Shang-Chi is Quick Kick's mentor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Newburg
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
wgerken wrote:
I agree that it's unlikely but I lean to "never say never" and all that. Hasbro and Wizards have licensed things in the past and money is money so I wouldn't completely cross this off.

Case in point, Netrunner to Fantasy Flight...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Turner
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wgerken wrote:

My vote is actually on Shrek or The Muppets. Why? Because I'd like either of these way more than GI Joe or Transformers. GI Joe and Transformers would really just feel like a re-skinning of marvel legendary where Shrek of The Muppets would have to be something quite unique as they aren't really the fighter types.

Sorry to burst your bubble on Shrek, but a while back the developers did confirm that that is not the license. I do really like your Muppet idea, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Read more comics!
mbmbmbmbmb
Danishdonut wrote:
Sorry to burst your bubble on Shrek, but a while back the developers did confirm that that is not the license. I do really like your Muppet idea, though!

Thanks for sharing. Too bad as the idea of fairy tale characters fighting each other sounds like fun. Oh well, I can still hope for The Muppets!

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go TMNT
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyson Cram
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm still hoping for Plants vs. Zombies...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Barnes
United States
Clinton
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wgerken wrote:
[q="OrionPax21"]

Legendary: Muppets... This is my new Holy Grail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.