Popular Tags: [View All]
eric knox
Canada
Woodstock-1h from capital of NB
New brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fredericton E-Gaming expo to have an unplugged game room. Pogob (Players Of Games Woodstock) might be going to warm a table, play and teach. Anyone want to go?
http://www.frederictongamingexpo.com/info/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some additional details (taken from the link) to make the decision easier:

* August 10-11, 2013
* Doors open at 10AM Each Day and [video] Games Start at 11AM, although I see no reason why board games couldn't start earlier than that
* $10 admission for the weekend
* Fredericton Exhibiton Center (361 Smythe St. Fredericton, NB)

If there are a few tables of board games, I'd be happy to join in (and/or bring some games to play). My ideal scenario would be picking one day and dedicating it to board games... interested to hear what others say.

Thread subscribed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bumping the topic for added visibility. Just under a month to go, so keep the date on your radar and drop a note if you plan to attend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as the organizer gets back to Eric in time, I'll be there along with him. I'm pushing for a one-day presence, on Saturday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suns Anvil
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So is it confirmed there will be a boardgame presence?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Stewart
Canada
Grand Bay-Westfield
NB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
There should be plenty of gamers there, I know a few coming up from SJ for sure.

I, unfortunately, won't be one of them as I've made previous plans. :\

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So...

I'm sure there will be lots of people there, but with less than a week to go nobody has actually confirmed interest in offline gaming.

Although I'd like to show up and see what's happening, the combination of a cover charge, complete lack of interest in the video gaming content, and no advance planning on the board gaming side has pretty much killed my interest.

Hope anyone who does go enjoys the event - but with no idea what kind of return on (time) investment might be found, I'd rather spend the day with my wife and kids.

Thread unsubscribed.

(If I've misread the situation or more gamers are needed, please PM me.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nicol
Canada
Fredericton
NB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just checked the website yesterday and it looks like there will be a whole area devoted to tabletop. It said magic, catan, bsg, and other games will be available plus what people bring. So tabletop may be more prevalent than expected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott MacMillan
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
I will be going both days, and would really like to get a game of A Game of Thrones going. I'll also be bringing some other games, and probably at least a couple other people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cubby BigBear
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh man, i didn't even know this existed. is the event held annually?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Eric and I are heading up for Saturday afternoon. Hopefully we can get into a few good games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nicol
Canada
Fredericton
NB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How was this? I Couldn't make it over because I had family in town.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Way
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darnit! Missed this until today. I hope there was a good turnout, and hope that the folks that made it had fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.