7 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: a dice for Stealth Device rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Firstname Lastname
Singapore
flag msg tools

A blank d8, a permanent marker, and 5mins later, i now have a special evade dice that i can use to see, in realtime, whether the Stealth Device is doing its job or not.

You could also use it for other dice scenarios too, eg Sexpose, hiding behind asteroids, crit repairs, R5D8, R5K6 etcetc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan WI
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Duraham wrote:

A blank d8, a permanent marker, and 5mins later, i now have a special evade dice that i can use to see, in realtime, whether the Stealth Device is doing its job or not.

You could also use it for other dice scenarios too, eg Sexpose, hiding behind asteroids, crit repairs, R5D8, R5K6 etcetc

I think Freud might want to have a word with you...

I wonder what that card art would look like?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Juneau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good idea - can't count the number of time Stealth Device has been forgotten, despite having made you go through difficult decision making in the squad building mere minutes earlier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Udo W
Germany
flag msg tools
That's a real nice idea! Could be also used with attack dice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A good reminder!

Usually before making an attack/defense roll I occasionally count up what kind of modifiers I have when making a roll.

For instance "Three natural, plus one for extended range, plus one for an obstacle, plus one for stealth device, with a Focus and Evade token" (Count up three dice, add one, add one, add one, roll dice).

Sometimes I'll note this for my opponent as well since some people are still learning at my FLGS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davyd A
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Norsehound wrote:

Sometimes I'll note this for my opponent as well since some people are still learning at my FLGS.

And even when one is done "learning," it's still a good idea to count it out loud, as it's pretty easy to make a mistake in the middle of the game. I put forth the number of times I've tried to dodge using attack dice as an example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cute!

You could also take a green crayon to a regular defense die to make it a Stealth one ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.