GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,281 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Playtesters Needed - Stock Market Deckbuilder 2.0 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Wilhm
United States
EDMOND
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
TokenCon: Oklahoma's First Board Game Convention!
badge
Living my best life
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone!

I'm excited (and a little scared) about a game that I've designed. I've playtested it solo and with friends, but I think it's time that I tried some blind playtesting to see if the game is really as good as I hope it is. If you want to playtest after reading the description below, send me a geekmail and I will send you a link to the PDF files for a Print and Play prototype. The only thing playtesters will need to provide is money chits or chips (Poker chips work great. I use mini poker chips for my copy). Everything else that you need to play is in the PDF files.

Game Description:
The tentative title is Boom and Bust. Each player has a small stock portfolio (their deck of cards) at the beginning, and the goal is to make it the most valuable by the end of the game. You collect dividends on the stock that you play from your hand that must be spent that turn or they are lost. This drops the value of that stock immediately, and can give other players a one-time bonus, but you now have money that you can use to re-invest in that stock, invest in other stocks, or buy action cards that let you manipulate the game and share prices. The more valuable a stock is, the more dividends you collect per share, but it also means that stock value drops more when you complete this action.

Players can also become Majority Shareholder by collecting sets of the same stock in their hand. The larger the set, the more bonus points they get at the end of the game.

Players can also earn money on opponent's turns. If another player collects dividends on a stock that you also own shares of, then you get some bonus cash to use at then end of your next turn, or save it and it gets added to your final total at the end of the game.

The player with the highest combined total of stock value, Majority Bonuses, and cash on hand is the winner.

If you wish to playtest, comment here or send me a geekmail and I will send you the files. Feedback on the game mechanics, how the rules are written, player interaction and almost any other area is welcome and encouraged. This article offers some good points on playtesting and giving feedback: Suggestions for Playtesters

Thank you and I hope you enjoy the game!

(edited for spelling)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.