GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,535 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Roll Through the Ages: The Bronze Age» Forums » General

Subject: Recommended Dice Rolling Android App for RTTA? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edward Calabig
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
Anyone have any recommendations for a dice rolling app for this game? I'm taking a plane trip by myself and may end up annoying the person next to me if I'm rolling dice for 3+ hours. Is there a good Android dice rolling app that would work for RTTA?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Günther
Germany
Blieskastel
Saarland
flag msg tools
FFFFFF
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Prime Dice D&D Pro looks promising, because of the following features:
- Custom dice (you could put pictures of the RTTA die faces on)
- Lock selected die in place (for some games like Yahtzee RTTA)

But:
It's not for free.
I haven't used it myself (yet).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're willing to exercise some memory or print out a crib sheet, you can just get away with regular d6's...
green = the logical association behind this

1 = ONE jar = single jar
2 = TWO jars = double jar + skull 'n crossbones
3 = THREE workers.. *could be 3 food too, but I was taught this way and stuck with it... plus, you could kinda argue that food's more important, so it gets ranked higher = 3 workers
4 = TWO or TWO (but added together = FOUR) = 2 workers or 2 food
5 = THREE food... *carbon opposites, so since 3 got the 3 workers, this gets the 3 food = 3 food
6 = 7 coins, but SIX is the single highest units of stuff you can get in a single roll, in so there's the pairing = 7 coins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if you line the inside of the boxtop with felt and roll the dice into the top it won't bother anybody.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:
if you line the inside of the boxtop with felt and roll the dice into the top it won't bother anybody.
it's gotta be thin (of which would it still work?) and precisely done, as IIRC, the lid barely closes as is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Sikora
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
Hi

I have created a simple, but flexible, custom dice app for Android which you can use for this purpose - it allows you to put whatever text you want on the sides of a die and has reroll functionality.

It is called FlexiDice, is free and you can get it from here:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.siroak.flexidice
More info at: http://flexidice.siroak.com

Enjoy!
Cheers,
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyson K
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:

It might not make noise, but if I was stuck on a plane sitting beside someone who was rolling a dice for over three hours, I would lose my mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.