Subject: Recommended Solitaire airplane travel games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edward Calabig
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
I'm going to take a trip this weekend and would like to find a new game to play.

I currently bring Roll Through the Ages but it seems to bother passengers riding next to me with all of the dice rolling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
Nagold
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Recommended Airplane travel games?
A game often recommended for use in planes or trains is Pass the Bomb. There is also a party or junior version if needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Calabig
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
Re: Recommended Airplane travel games?
Any recommendations for solo games? I neglected to mention that oops!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
No time to order a nestorgame for the weekend, but ...

Disclaimer: Yes, I'm Néstor, from nestorgames.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donnie Clark
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out Friday. Cards and tokens only - no die rolling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Ramos
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Sing, o muse, of the wrath of Achilles...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Friday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Onirim is small, cards only, can be played solo or co-op with two players, and would likely fit on an airplane tray.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xeenu wrote:
A game often recommended for use in planes or trains is Pass the Bomb. There is also a party or junior version if needed.

Great suggestion! shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday doesn't fit on one tray table. There are three seperate boards, each with cards on them, and each one requires a discard pile next to it. Then there's your deck of cards, and its discard pile. And what's more, the cards are all oversized! Then during play, you will end up playing a ton of cards on your turn for the last several turns. Plus two separate piles of the life tokens. Trust me. I tried. It doesn't fit, unless you plan to use two tray tables. Even with two tray tables, it's cumbersome.

Onirim fits. But it has a lot of shuffling, which can bother your neighbor. I still played it a lot on flights (shuffling as quietly as possible).

I have worked for the airlines for more than 9 years, traveling a lot for the last 5 years, and searching for the perfect on-board solo game for several years. In the end, I decided this was the best option:

Adaman - Not only do you get an interesting game, but you also get to buy the whole Decktet system, which is a whole world of new games. Here's a picture of a game of Adaman being played on an EMB-120 tray table, the smallest airplane offering inflight service:

[edit]

Not sure why the system flipped my photo, but there it is, upside down.

One last thing: if you travel a lot the best option is an iPad. It's silent, portable, and you have the choice of hundreds of full-fledged board games at your fingertips that mostly have AIs to play against.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Delve the Card Game is my most played airline travel game. I also enjoy the Elder Sign: Omens app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.