Subject: Available first at Gen Con? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris Rhodes
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Do I understand correctly that SoS will be available for purchase at Gen Con? And that this is when it will first be available?

If so, does anyone know if it will be there on Sunday (the last day that's a little cheaper but has less stuff going on)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Speusippus wrote:
Do I understand correctly that SoS will be available for purchase at Gen Con? And that this is when it will first be available?

If so, does anyone know if it will be there on Sunday (the last day that's a little cheaper but has less stuff going on)?

I am willing to bet $100 that no vendor will have it on Sunday. Might even make that bet for Saturday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Rhodes
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Oh yeah, good point. I wasn't even thinking about the possibility (probability) that it would be sold out.

I'll just wait til after, then. Any idea when it will be available for purchase more generally?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Rhodes
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Nevermind, found the release date--Aug 20
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David R
msg tools
Wait a sec, lots of board games are prereleased at GenCON. Especially games that have a release date as soon after as you just said this was. I've seen games at GenCON for sale two months before available to the general public.

And for the last couple years, companies have been holding back a specific quantity of their new releases to sell on each day, so I would say there is a very good chance that you can find this at the Wizards of the Coast booth.

I could very well be wrong, but I wouldn't outright dismiss the possibility of it happening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Rhodes
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Good info, but I already pre-ordered from Amazon. And got it, kind of, for free, with a $50 gift certificate they gave me for getting a credit card with them, which I promptly cut up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Beyke
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't quite figure out WHERE it will be in the hall at GenCon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raviv Nagel
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BTBAM wrote:
I can't quite figure out WHERE it will be in the hall at GenCon...

I heard WotC are going to have a separate event in one of the hotels nearby, not in the con center itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Speusippus wrote:
Good info, but I already pre-ordered from Amazon. And got it, kind of, for free, with a $50 gift certificate they gave me for getting a credit card with them, which I promptly cut up.

very sorry for the OT, but, a link to this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Dexter Ward
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is available in Canada now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Beyke
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jealous
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too, especially when I am not sure I will even be able to purchase it at GenCon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.