GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,448 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Duel of Ages II» Forums » Variants

Subject: Restore the Timeline Scenario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Hodge
United States
Hanover
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so I'm new to the game with Duel of Ages II so something similar to this may have been thought up already but I created a new way to play that works pretty well and I figured I'd post it for others that might be looking for a new way to play.

First, the set up:

Characters: Each team will have 8 characters and there will be 2 from each time period. Select these by randomly dealing out 6 per time period and drafting them using the standard method. Deployment method will be standard reinforcement.

The map: There will be 4 platters, each one from a different time period, selected by teams using the standard method but they must be placed 2x2. Both bases and dome keys will be used but labyrinth, alliance, and Lilth keys will not be. Encounter 4 is used, placed using the standard method.

The object of the game:

The object of this scenario is to reunite a character and artifact with it's original time period. The way this is done is when doing an encounter, if you succeed, you can choose to retrieve an artifact from the encounter's time period instead of drawing the number of cards shown. Each character can only carry one artifact at any time. They can be traded like normal and exchanged maintaining the 1 per character rule (so character A can give artifact A to character B and take artifact B).

A character from a certain time period carrying an artifact from that time period can escape from a platter of that time period the same as escaping during a rush scenario.

You can win in one of two ways, either by reuniting all 4 artifacts/characters with the same time period or by killing 2 characters from the same time period on the other team (preventing them from being able to reunite all 4 time periods.

I've only played this way twice and it may need some more balance but I like the idea and am open to suggestions on how to fix it. Obviously it is easier to kill 2 characters than to escape with all the artifacts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Murrell
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clever concept. There are a number of different directions you could take this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Find Fluffy"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.