Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Chriscoe
United States
Palatine
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
I had a few questions in regards to the Dracula event card "Customs Search". The card states that when a hunter disembarks or crosses the east/west border, the card may be played to force the hunter to discard all his item cards, ending his turn immediately. It cannot be played if the hunter ends his move containing any encounters.

1.) First, if a Hunter uses "Sense of Emergency" (the card or the resolve power) to move from an east city to a west city (or vice versa) can the card be played?

2.) Does Dracula technically count as an encounter for the purpose of this card?

3.) If an encounter is present but the hunters play the "Forewarned" card (play to immediately discard an encounter at your location) does this allow "Customs Search" to be played?

I am going to try and submit this to FFG as well, but I would like to hear some feedback on this.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just my thoughts, nothing official here, but I would say:

1. Yes, why not?

2. I'd say no, as I don't think Drac is ever described as an encounter is he? But I can see a bit of the argument for saying that it is.

3. I'd say no. I think that by the time you would be playing the Custom Search, the movement phase would sort of be over. The encounter would be there when they crossed over, then the encounter is revealed, and stuff starts to happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
We play that:

1) Yes.
2) No.
3) No.

Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
Quote:
3.) If an encounter is present but the hunters play the "Forewarned" card (play to immediately discard an encounter at your location) does this allow "Customs Search" to be played?

The Customs Search card would always be played first, and it can't be placed on a hunter who has an encounter to deal with. Forewarned only works against encounters, not against event cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.