Tod Hostetler
United States
California
flag msg tools
This seems so small but...

I'm working on filling out my profile and after filling out my favorite books, movies, hobbies and interests, I think it gives a pretty broad picture of my pop-cultural influences and might give you a vague idea of who I am, but I feel like it's missing something...

I'm not sure what to call it. 'Favorite Thinkers'? 'Most Influenced by...'? 'Real-Life Heroes'? Something like that; feel free to work with it.

My Heroes and Influences are:
Thomas Jefferson, Rachel Maddow, Kevin Kelly, Carl Sagan, Rodney Dangerfield (yes you read that right), Steve Martin, Hunter S. Thompson, Lee Camp, Dan Carlin, Bruce Carlson, Scott Lahman and Mark Twain.

Maybe it's just me, but I think you've got a pretty intelligent audience here at BGG and I think the above says a lot more about me than telling you that my favorite television show is Battlestar Galactica and that my favorite music is DEVO.

Take it or leave it, I love this site. Keep up the good work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So why not put all this and more in your profile for all to see? A random thread like this will be lost in a day. Your current profile is completely empty. Click your username, then on your profile page click the pencil next to "User Profile for soldatdizzy". Add a bunch of stuff about yourself, and save.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
So why not put all this and more in your profile for all to see? A random thread like this will be lost in a day. Your current profile is completely empty. Click your username, then on your profile page click the pencil next to "User Profile for soldatdizzy". Add a bunch of stuff about yourself, and save.

He wants a specific section for this content in the same way there is a specific section for Music and Television Shows and Film and books and Hobbies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
All of those have made some sort of media, though, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.