Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
If you could touch the alien sand and hear the cries of strange birds and watch them wheel in another sky, would that satisfy you?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to remember the name of a "game". It was more of a general rule set/idea that involved randomly mixing together cards from a bunch of games, randomly making decks, and then playing cards, trying to justify the interactions between the different games. The name has eluded me, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Life is a lamp-flame before a wind.
msg tools
badge
mu
mbmbmbmbmb
The question begs to be asked: Were you, perchance, drunk while playing this game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
If you could touch the alien sand and hear the cries of strange birds and watch them wheel in another sky, would that satisfy you?
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not actually played it. I only know of it because I saw an entry for it once on BGG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Evans
Wales
Rhondda
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Copycat? Maybe? Perhaps? Ah what do I know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure it came with its own components... more like a general rule set for whatever you can provide on your own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Taylor
United Kingdom
Epping
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had something very similar to this in the early 00's, which was called Underground: The Travelling. It was exactly as you describe with playing in a CCG 'style' but making up the rules as you go along, trying to confuse onlookers. The only difference is that rather than old CCG cards, you played it with a deck of used London subway tickets.

Unfortunately, the internet was rather in its infancy back then and I can't find many references to it now. Here is one 'tournament report' for it though:

http://www.catfink.ismyforum.co.uk/gugs_forum/phpbb/viewtopi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brilliant!

piemasteruk wrote:
a deck of used London subway tickets.

Surely London Underground? I'd hope our American friends know we call it the underground!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Taylor
United Kingdom
Epping
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zabdiel wrote:
Brilliant!

piemasteruk wrote:
a deck of used London subway tickets.

Surely London Underground? I'd hope our American friends know we call it the underground!

I wasn't sure, I know a lot of British terminology goes completely over the head of our colonial cousins so I thought I would err on the side of caution
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.