GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,725 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

No Thanks!» Forums » General

Subject: card quality rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ive purchased several games from Z-Man games that included cards or was predominantly cards (Onirim, Hansa Teutonica East expansion, Agricola) and in each case the cards were thin non-glossed and cheap paper stock. Are the cards in the Z-Man edition of No Thanks any better? It would be nice if they were linen finish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
~~~Crazy Adam~~~ ~~~Mad Ayzarc~~~
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Congratulations. You have just discovered the secret message.
badge
Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm, Chalfont.
mbmbmbmbmb
To the feel of my fingers, I don't have a problem with the card stock for No Thanks. Reflecting them in the light shows that patented linen finish! However, comparitively I find the cards for Onirim a little bit thicker (hardly discernable though) and they look to have a linen finish as well. So perhaps the cards I have were printed somewhere else, or my understanding of 'linen finish' is different than yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
freechinanow wrote:
To the feel of my fingers, I don't have a problem with the card stock for No Thanks. Reflecting them in the light shows that patented linen finish! However, comparitively I find the cards for Onirim a little bit thicker (hardly discernable though) and they look to have a linen finish as well. So perhaps the cards I have were printed somewhere else, or my understanding of 'linen finish' is different than yours.

Some copies of Onirim were printed with linen finish. Many of them that were distributed in the U.S. were inexcusably poor quality. I heard the copies that were distributed in Canada were linen finish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm the copies of Onrim had a linen finish. The old copy of No Thanks my friend owned had a linen finish and survived a lot of plays. Though admittedly you don't shuffle the deck that much.

btw this is a game you could sleeve....even if you hate the feel of sleeves, its not like you ever actually handle the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.