Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddy Bee
United States
Marin County
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rulebook, when the deck is exhausted for the first time in the game, the game is interrupted and interim scoring takes place - tallying just the cloisters that have been placed on the map.

Playing on BSW, I noticed that once the last card is drawn, interim scoring doesn't happen until the current round is fully complete - meaning all players have taken an equal amount of turns (beginning with the start player and ending with the player to the right of the start player). This is how the end game scoring is supposed to take place, but I always thought the interim scoring happens immediately when the last card is drawn from the deck.

Is BSW's implementation of the rules incorrect, or have I just been playing this game wrong all along?

Many thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
You have been playing correctly. I'm not certain why BSW would play that way. Thomas Rosanski's online version plays this rule correctly. China might play that way, but I've not tried it.

http://onlinebrettspiele.de/kuk/

I think this rule balances out the otherwise slight disadvantage of the first (and often second) player suffered by opening a new region (single placement) at the start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sight Reader
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
GaryP wrote:
I'm not certain why BSW would play that way. China might play that way, but I've not tried it.

China doesn't have interim scoring because all scoring is only done once. This doesn't minimize the impact of houses because you can now play "Fortresses" to double the score of the country and chain your fortress is part of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.