BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Board Game Picks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
billybob Bray
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I have 10 games on my wishlist: Power Grid, Bohnanza, Loot, Guillotine, Star Fluxx, Onirim, Hanabi, Love Letter, Urbion, and Saboteur. I am willing to spend roughly $60 on games right now (read max of $65). Can someone recommend the best combo of these games that i could get?

Additional Details: my gaming group is usually 4 right now, but will drop to two or 3 for most of the school year. I would like to get a few fast paced, fun ones, and 1 or 2 more serious, strategic ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Power Grid, Hanabi, and Love Letter should work. Maybe Bohnaza instead of Love Letter, but that's about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samo Oleami
Slovenia
Ljubljana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What he said, though I'd put saboteur instead of bohnanza as a reserve pick.
But it pretty much depends on the target audience. Oh, few people, ok, skip saboteur and Bohnanza. Love letter and Hanabi are right on target.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Love Letter is the new hotness, but in my opinion Guillotine is much more fun. Also, I don't understand why people like Bohnanza. Everyone I've played it with had a "meh" feeling about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fehr
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Hi there! Follow my gaming exploits on Twitter (fehrmeister)
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd go with Power Grid, Saboteur, and Bohnanza if it were me. You can't go wrong with the classics. Although if you need a game that plays great with 2, I'd replace Saboteur with Love Letter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
billybob Bray
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Thanks guys, I ended up getting hanabi, love letter, and guillotine, as well as a few others that caught my eye.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.