Since I like both games, I'm thinking about merging them. I'd like to use "BoW" board, terrain counters and figures with "Ancients" rules. Conversion of units could be easy, I think. Here're my suggestions:
- Lannister, Stark Cavalry - Heavy Cavalry stats - 4-5, 2-5
- Lannister, Stark Infantry - infantry stats - 3-3, 2-3
- Lannisrer, Stark archers - light archers stats - 1A3, 0A3
- Lannister Guards - heavy infantry stats - 4-2, 3-2
- Stark dogmasters - mixed missle stats - 2B3, 1B2
- Jamie, Tywin, Ned, Rob - x3
- others - x2
Since I have also "Wardens of the West" expansion, units from this game could have following stats:
- Brax Pikeman - phalanx 6-1, 2-1
- Clegane bowmen - heavy archers 3A2, 1B2
- Militia - light infantry 2-3, 1-3
About figures - use four (or three) for each unit at the begging, and when counter has to to turned, just remove two of them. Disordered unit will have 2(1) figures, so it will easy to see.
Battles of Westeros board with movable terrain counters would provide lot of options for scenarios.
I'm currently thinking about unit counters - I could use them as well, placing them below figures.