GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,403 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Terra Mystica» Forums » Rules

Subject: Chaos Magicians 2x Favor Tile Timing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Can a town can be founded between taking the two favor tiles Chaos Magicians receive when building a temple or sanctuary?

Suppose the first favor tile they take allows a town to be created with only 6 power, which they have. Can they take the town bonus tile immediately before drawing the second favor tile? This is important if the second favor tile could push them over into the 10 spot on the cult track (thus requiring that they have a town).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
if you take fthe favor-tile fire 2 - the town is formed immideately! Even before you take the 2 firesteps from the tile itself.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Lapointe
Canada
Napierville
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the TOWN occur as soon as the condition are met, therefore you pick the FIRE 2 tile then found the town, then take the other tiles
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kinsman
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have nothing to base this on, and look forward to a proper ruling (because you're right that it actually creates a meaningful situation), but my intuition on this one would be that the favor tiles are chosen and acquired simultaneously.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Donkler wrote:
Can a town can be founded between taking the two favor tiles Chaos Magicians receive when building a temple or sanctuary?

Not only can a town be founded after choosing the first favor tile, it must (if the first favor tile results in having a new town). "Towns are founded automatically whenever these two conditions
are met". My interpretation, not official, blah blah blah.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Fluxx wrote:
if you take fthe favor-tile fire 2 - the town is formed immideately! Even before you take the 2 firesteps from the tile itself.


Ah, that's interesting. I didn't even think about the timing of just the tile itself. Good to know!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Lapointe
Canada
Napierville
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you search in the forum, or in the FAQ, this question have been clarified by the designer a couple of time.

So as soon as you met the condition to form the town, the town is founded, then you resume your action if needed.

In fact, if you take the Fire 2 tile, and that allow you to reach the 10 spot, you can, you will form the town, then advance 2 step on the FIRE track.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kinsman
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Morphus wrote:
If you search in the forum, or in the FAQ, this question have been clarified by the designer a couple of time.

So as soon as you met the condition to form the town, the town is founded, then you resume your action if needed.

In fact, if you take the Fire 2 tile, and that allow you to reach the 10 spot, you can, you will form the town, then advance 2 step on the FIRE track.


I stand corrected. Indeed this is addressed in the FAQ.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.