Popular Tags: [View All]
Jules Vautour
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday I had the pleasure of playing Caylus.The whole game my strategy
was to play in the castle as much as possible,trying to get as many favors as I could.My plan worked like a charm until I got to the final favor in the building row,when I it came to build the prestige building my counterparts told me I would have to pay the building cost of 4 gold
and 2 silver stones.I thought it was Free.Can Ayone tell me If I my Friends stole a win from me or were they right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're right; the favor doesn't grant you the prestige building, it grants you the opportunity to build one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Cauet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Using the favor building track, you only have a discount for the carpenter (wood), mason (stone) and lawyer (money). You pay the architect full price: in your case, the 2 gold and 4 stones cost I presume.
Just a reminder: you can always use the effects lower in the building track (like doing a 6-points stone building if you don't have enough cubes for a prestige building).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.