Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jl alexander
United States
bellbrook
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How difficult can it be to find parking at the Host if you are staying off-site or decide to go out for a meal? Is that a possible concern? Are there overflow parking areas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Faust
United States
Malverne
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd describe parking at the Host during peak hours as "challenging but not impossible". If you can walk from your off-site location, it's probably worth it. If you need to find a parking spot, you might need to drive around for a little bit, but you'll probably find one eventually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Collins
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
if you get there before heats start it's pretty easy to find a spot, even in the premium "just outside the door" spots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant LaDue
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Parking is always pretty easy till at least 9 am, and it's usually not an issue at all until Wednesday or Thursday of the con. You may end up further away if you go out for dinner Thursday through Saturday, but not too bad. I've traditionally stayed down the street and driven in. The only times I've had problems was when I left and came back in the afternoon, later in the con. Then you can get pretty far out in the overflow lot. Other than that though, getting a spot is usually fairly simple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually stake out a spot near one of the Lampeter doors and leave my car there the whole week. I leave my games in there so I don't have to lug them to/from my room, which is usually farther from the gaming area than my car.

The few times I've gone out, I've always found a spot when I come back . Maybe not as choice as the original, but always ended up finding one . There is always people leaving later in the day, either for good or to go out for dinner, whatever. If you arrive before 9AM, you'll get a decent spot every time.

If you're staying offsite but within walking distance, I'd suggest dumping your car in a choice spot w/games and leaving it there as much as possible. The Host does not limit parking to hotel guests only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there's essentially infinite overflow parking. Never seen it "full". You just end up farther away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Monnin
United States
Minster
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Parking is one of the Host's best assets. Finding that much parking for free is hard to find in a venue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jl alexander
United States
bellbrook
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great info! Thanks folks! I especially appreciate Marty's suggestion. I do not want to lug games a long distance. I don't mind walking but boxes increase the difficulty and discomfort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Collins
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest you bring a small plastic tote that can carry 3 or 4 games in it. You can carry that around with you and it shouldn't cause any hassle. I also store my games in my trunk, but it's still nice not to need to go back to the car, especially if I'm running tight to make my next event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(I'm not a BPA salesman)

BPA sells some really cool duffle bags at $40 that store a LOT of games in them. They usually have some for sale in the registration room.

The only problem is that they come in red and green only and not blue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaarin Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The bags came in several different colors this year, including blue and black. Unfortunately the ordering deadline has passed. Perhaps next year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kengelma wrote:
The bags came in several different colors this year, including blue and black. Unfortunately the ordering deadline has passed. Perhaps next year.

Really? I thought the bags were only in R and G .. I will be buying a blue one next year -- unless Don has some extras (which he did last year)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jl alexander
United States
bellbrook
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I did order one and look forward to picking it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant LaDue
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two of the bags, and I like them a lot. I use them to bring games to my regular meet. They're big, have lots of pockets, and mine have held up for 2+ years with no issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Collins
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any that will be there for people to look at for next year if we want to get one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Rae
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I love the green bag I bought at WBC 2 years ago. It holds more than my suitcase does. I actually put my suitcase inside the main compartment of the bag in order to get on the plane home under the baggage limit. Lots of room for games with good pocket layout and solid carrying straps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaarin Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There may be some extra bags at registration. I'm sure you will see people around using them, as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.