Popular Tags: [View All]
Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How is the Collector's Edition different from the first/normal one?

Is it worth the extra $10?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gar Per
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rygel wrote:

Foil box and a poster. Not worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Watne
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Good times.
mbmbmbmbmb
nate_lockhart wrote:
Rygel wrote:

Foil box and a poster. Not worth it.

As an owner of a collector's set, I agree with this. You get a folded (+$5 for rolled) poster which is very similar to the box cover, a gold-foil embellished box, and a sticker with the designer's signature on it.

Definitely not worth $10 on its own now that the game is obviously funded. I got it because I wanted to weigh in a little heavier on the KS campaign, and figured shiny golden letters were a silly enough prize for my contributions.

[Edit: Typo]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susie_Cat
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Someone else has just commented that the dice are slightly different; not a problem generally, though it does mean that they won't match if you buy the expansion with the extra player...

Susie_Cat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
West Bend
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Can someone who has recently purchased the gold foil edition (within the last three months) tell me if it came with wooden screen-printed dice or the plastic engraved dice? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I'm about a year late to this party, but I'll post for any future browsers of this game.
I just purchased the Collector's Edition version and really wish I had just saved the money and gotten the regular one. I can't speak for every CE box, but there wasn't anything special except for the foil, shiny box. My dice were engraved plastic like the regular version. Also, there was no poster or signed anything by the creator.

I was under the impression that the CE version included expansions but I got that wrong. That's the "Big Box" version.
Regardless, it is a great game and I'm glad I have it. Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.