GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,263 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Dixit» Forums » General

Subject: Swan Panasia Sleeves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronin Blade
msg tools
I just purchased Dixit, and can already see that these cards need protection. Looking around, I see two main camps, the Mayday sleeves and the Swan Panasia sleeves. Reviews seem to favor the latter. Now, I'm trying to decide between the thin sleeves and the thick sleeves. I've heard the Mayday sleeves are bad because they are thin and tend to stick together. Do the Swan Panasia thins also have this problem? I want to get the thin sleeves because there's more for the same price, and I'm also thinking of getting expansions and fitting them all in one box. If anyone owns these sleeves, advice would be appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Ryder
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a mixture of Swan and Mayday Games sleeves for Dixit and haven't had any substantive problems with either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Carvalho
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
I dwell in possibility
badge
Forever is composed of nows
mbmb
I have Mayday sleeves on my cards. The only thing I can say is that it is a bit difficult getting the cards back into the insert. They fit a bit snugly but I am still able to fit another 84 cards split between the Dixit & Dixit Journey boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have experienced the thin and thick sleeves from Swan Panasia. In fact I sleeved all my games with Swan Panasia now since an FLGS carries all their ranges (previously I used FFG and Mayday).

The thin sleeves tend to catch dirt/oil (from hands) pretty easy. If you played the game often, soon enough you will need to get some replacement. When the sleeve catches dirt/oil, it's difficult to shuffle as the cards tend to stick to one another.

I once used thin sleeves from Swan for 7 Wonders, and it's really pain in the neck to separate the cards (there are tonnes of them). I immediately replace them with thick ones.

Their thick sleeves are better in terms of handling (doesn't catch dirt/oil that easy) the cards like shuffling or drafting. A big plus is that it feels good in hand and doesn't feel sticky even after frequent use. Still, the sleeve loses it's clarity (just slightly) after heavy shuffling, but I guess this applies to all sleeve brands (I've played EmDo more than 10 times; heavy shuffling).

My suggestion would be to stick to thick sleeves if it's frequently shuffled and are held in hands. Otherwise, you can stick to thin sleeves. (I 100% understand about the price point and the amount of sleeves you get).

For your dixit case, you'll still able to fit inside the box (with Swan Panasia sleeves), but a little bit tight (not to an extend where you need to force it inside). I shifted mine to one side and have all the tokens and pawns stored in a string bag to the other side side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronin Blade
msg tools
Thanks Damien. That was very informative. I guess I'll be getting the thick sleeves then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
xroninbladex wrote:
Thanks Damien. That was very informative. I guess I'll be getting the thick sleeves then.

Glad I could help! Happy gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete M

Blacksburg
Virginia
msg tools
mb
I bought 3 sets of the Swan Panasia sleeves and the third had serious flaws in the form of opaque lines crossing the sleeves and divots on the seam. They were nice enough to agree to send me replacements however because they were back ordered it's been 3 months already and nothing has shown up. Kind of a drag considering that I had to preorder the first set and way months for those as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kellen Feral
United States
Los Angeles - Mar Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
One Eternal Round
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find these sleeves anyway, and the swan site isn't letting me check out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ege Tunca
Turkey
istanbul
flag msg tools
Come to the dark side we got cookies.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey I was wondering the same thing swan tick sleeves is the only option for thick sleeves right?

http://swanpanasiasleeves.com/swan-prem-card-sleeves-80x122-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some Guy
msg tools
mb
An updated link for anyone who wants these sleeves. I emailed Swan people because the old links did not work, and they said that dixit uses 80x122mm sleeves. They gave me these links.

Thin:
https://www.swanpanasiasleeves.com/collections/standard-slee...

Thick:
https://www.swanpanasiasleeves.com/collections/premium-sleev...

cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.