Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It won't be easy. But it can be done.
mbmbmbmbmb
This situation came up during our last game of RoboRally and I'm not sure how it should be handled.

[A ]
[B | C
[D ]

4 robots (A,B,C,D) on a T-junction of conveyer belts, after they have executed their movement cards. Robot C is standing on a conveyer belt that's supposed to 90°-turn him to the left and push him onto the conveyer belt (moving downwards), which robots A,B and D are standing on.

Question: Does robot C get pushed onto the other conveyer belt? If yes, where does he get pushed to? Will he push some other robot off the conveyer belt?

If the robot does not get pushed onto the conveyer belt, what happens if there is an empty space between robot B and robot D?

Like this:

[A ]
[B ]
[__|C
[D ]

Since both belts move simultaneously, who ends up where?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'll doublecheck with the old rulebook when I get home, but I believe that if a belt is supposed to move two robots to the same space at the same time, neither robot moves. So in your top example, robots B and D would be caried along by the conveyor belt and robots A and C would not move, or turn, at all. They'd 'jam' on each other, trying to get into the same space at the same time, and neither one would be moved.

Before:

Ablank
BC
Dblank
blankblank

After:

Ablank
blankC
Bblank
Dblank

Your second example, B and C 'jam'. Because B is stuck, A doesn't get conveyed either. The only robot that moves in this conveyor-belts-move segment is D.

Before:

Ablank
Bblank
blankC
Dblank
blankblank

After:

Ablank
Bblank
blankC
blankblank
Dblank

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LotB 2002
Netherlands
Utrecht
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I second this beautifull written example.
When two bots jam caused by the conveyer, neither move.

Here is by the way the answer on your next question :

Q : Twonky moves to the last square of a conveyer, while Squash is move to the empty field right in front of the conveyer (the exact spot where the conveyer would have dropped Twonky). Now the conveyer comes to live.
Does the conveyer move Twonky, and by doing so, got Squash pushed away one field ?

A : NO. A robot standing still on solid ground will not be pushed away by a robot moved by a conveyer.

JeVo

PS. In Utrecht, The Netherlands on April 22nd 2006, a real life Roborally tournement will be organised. Everyone is invited to join free of charge, more information : roborally.nl@capgemini.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.