Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Boyes
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been watching the olympics like crazy, and one of the more horrible recuring Ads that comes up are the Ford ads with the guy from Drivers talk radio.

What is Drivers Talk radio? Should we care about your opinion? If you did have an objective opinion once isn't making ads that obviously shill hard make me take whatever you have to say with a grain of salt?

I'll stick with car talk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've also been watching the Olympics like crazy, but fortunately with DVR... life will never be the same without ads Best 4 bucks per months I ever spent (split with roommate, $8 total per month).

I have to avoid all news for these two weeks though because I'm staying a day or two behind on the coverage, been some craziness lately though, but I love it, I'm addicted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
shake Allow 'moi' to bring some of this up to "speed" on certain aspects: "Bryant Gumbel" is STILL being a "racist", i.e. along the lines of "Hitler" of whom I'm certain would have 'complained' that there weren't enough "Nazis" being represented were HE "alive & well" in "Argentina" today; the "stolen VISA" girl managed to NOT win the 'Gold'-luckily for her then NOBODY else was anywheres near to be in contention with the '2nd Prize'; the "U.N." kindly 'asked' that "Gitmo" be closed down in the spirit of ignoring the many other places that are much worse, and I wonder just WHERE those might 'be'?, hmmmm; our "VEEP"-'the DICK' didn't "accidentily" or otherwise SHOOT anyone this week so far(be VERY wary there 'Scooter'!); "Saddam Hussein" was truly "sorry, sorry, sorry!" about the "IRAQ"-'boo-boos' and wished the "Iraqi"-Team well; international furor over "the cartoons" has run its 'course' and didn't "ruin" these 'events'-woooo, "dodged a 'Jihad'!" there eh?

http://www.thetowntalk.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/200602...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10704051/from/RSS/
SOME just don't "get it"!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Boyes
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since this has slid over to discussing the winter games, I will defend the coverage to a certain extent.

I remember when I was a kid and I wanted to watch the oylympics there would be about equal coverage between human interest peices that went on forever with weepy music, and then you would see the three best runs of whatever sport, and usually the person who was profiled didn't finish well. It was painful to get through all the feel good stories to see actual events. And there was no cable coverage to speak of, so you were stuck with whatever they gave you.

Now even the prime time network coverage has cut down on the human interest and they show more of the events. With Cable you can watch nearly all the hockey, and lots of the curling, as well as lots of live events. The commentators on most sports are ok, and knowledgeable (with the exception of the zany curling guy who answers questions).

I am not saying that things couldn't be better, but if you are missing the stories of athletic achievement it is because you aren't watching the games.

The oylympics may never be the huge event that they were in the early days of television, but they still have all the vibrance and passion that they ever did, and the comes through the screen past any flaws of production.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.