Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hermus
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've been having problems all day accessing Boardgame News.com. I've successfully loaded the site a couple of times, but mostly I keep getting various SQL and database errors. Anyone else having this problem, or is this just me? I would contact BGN directly, but obviously am not able to access them.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
same here. I first noticed that my live bookmarks weren't working. then I tried the website and I get similar errors. must be down for some reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Database Error: Unable to connect to your database. Your database appears to be turned off or the database connection settings in your config file are not correct. Please contact your hosting provider if the problem persists.

cry

I guess I will have to work.... boo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Washington
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
pirateyar wrote:
I've been having problems all day accessing Boardgame News.com. I've successfully loaded the site a couple of times, but mostly I keep getting various SQL and database errors. Anyone else having this problem, or is this just me? I would contact BGN directly, but obviously am not able to access them.

Thanks!

I saw most of those errors at some point or another, but I've had a lot of luck with just resubmitting or refreshing the page...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I deleted the stored cookie from boardgamenews.com, and that seemed to fix the problem....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Then again, maybe not. Can't get past the front page now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Their RSS feed is down too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps --as if in some low budget techno-coloured scifi from the mid 80s, destined to appear on Mystery Science Theater 3000-- Rick managed to infect his SQL server with a digital mutation of his own recently conquered virus...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael S
Taiwan
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I'm having the same problem. With various SQL and database errors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deleted User 1
msg tools
All -

Yes, the site is indeed down. Sorry about this. The problem is with the hosting service. Yesterday was an American holiday so nothing got done, but they are there now and working on it. They told me they hope to have it fixed in a few hours.

Between my cold and this, well, let's say I've had better days!

- Rick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.