United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple question:

Would you be willing to pay (enough to cover both postage and cost of the sticker(s)) to get either a replacement sheet of stickers or just a replacement for the misprinted red disease petri-dish sticker?

Poll
Would you pay for replacement(s) for the misprinted sticker(s)?
Yes.
No.
      107 answers
Poll created by Scorpion0x17

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting.

I'm surprised the No vote is so large compared to the Yes vote.

For me aesthetics are an important part of any game, so even something as small as whether the symbol on the red disease petri-dish sticker is correct, or not, is important.

Now, I wouldn't say it was important enough to warrant a free replacement, but I'm surprised how few people think it important enough that they'd pay for replacement stickers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
It's their mistake they should provide them for no charge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
It's their mistake they should provide them for no charge.

Ah...

How many of the No votes are for that reason?

Should have thought of that when I made the poll...

OK, follow-up poll:

If you voted No...
Poll
Should Z-Man, instead, provide a replacement for free?
Yes.
No.
      77 answers
Poll created by Scorpion0x17

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to know why the original game was error free but the reprint contains so many errors?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
I'd like to know why the original game was error free but the reprint contains so many errors?

It is a lot easier to over look things when you're re-creating some thing, like the 2013 redesigns, than when you're creating that thing for the first time.

Plus, I don't think 1 in the base game and 1 in On The Brink (that I'm aware of) is really "so many".

That's not to say it would not have been better if those mistakes had not been made, but let's not blow things out of proportion here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Carr
United States
Forestdale
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not pay for replacements. I emailed Z-man Games in March regarding my defective board from Pandemic and got no response! I emailed them again at the end of June, and once again got exactly nothing in return! I think they just don't care about customer service! I'm done purchasing games from such a cynical company that ignores customers emails!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Rugolo
msg tools
celadeyr wrote:
I would not pay for replacements. I emailed Z-man Games in March regarding my defective board from Pandemic and got no response! I emailed them again at the end of June, and once again got exactly nothing in return! I think they just don't care about customer service! I'm done purchasing games from such a cynical company that ignores customers emails!

I had the opposite experience when dealing with Z-Man. My wife dropped a Pandemic card and when trying to catch it ended up creasing it right down the middle. Whoops! I emailed Z-Man and I had a replacement within weeks free of charge. Mind you, this is when they were based in NY a few hours from where I live so shipping costs were probably negligible.

That being said, I would like to see Z-Man rectify this sticker situation in some way. As it stands I'm waiting to pick up On the Brink 2nd edition until the next printing (and who knows how long that will be) or to hear that Z-Man has come up with a solution even if that means paying to expedite the process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
celadeyr wrote:

Me too, multiple emails over two months with no response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lenny Burke
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
It took some time and many e-mails, but I finally got the correct board. Now I just came in and hear that Z-man makes another printing mistake after that whole misprint game board nonsense.

Now some might pay the cost of a stamp, but I 100% agree that this should be a free replacement, or those willing to pay should be in the vast minority. As a company you should get the basic stuff right, especially after what they should have learned from the mis-printed board junk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Gregoire
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
celadeyr wrote:

I'm going on over two months since my original email to Zman regarding the misprinted board. I emailed them middle of last month for an update and this is what I got.

Hello,

We are currently in the process of moving our offices and our warehouse to serve you better. For this reason, we are currently unable to answer your e-mails, and this until June 18th. Also, due to our moving, we will no be shipping products or parts before June 25th.

We thank you for your understanding and we will answer your requests as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule32 wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
celadeyr wrote:

I'm going on over two months since my original email to Zman regarding the misprinted board. I emailed them middle of last month for an update and this is what I got.

Hello,

We are currently in the process of moving our offices and our warehouse to serve you better. For this reason, we are currently unable to answer your e-mails, and this until June 18th. Also, due to our moving, we will no be shipping products or parts before June 25th.

We thank you for your understanding and we will answer your requests as soon as possible.

Thank you,

I got the same copy and pasted message and now they won't respond.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Sherrard
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

My 2013 edition board was damaged (delamination of top layer from the board) and seems to be getting worse over time. I sent an email with a photo showing the damage to Z-Man customer service on June 27th, and still have not received a reply. I resent the email today, and we'll see what happens.

I'm really starting to miss the old Z-Man...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Carvalho
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
I dwell in possibility
badge
Forever is composed of nows
mbmb
I got my copy in today and I finally got to see what all the hub hub was about. I'm glad I did a search before I contacted customer service regarding a corrected sticker. It seems the company is not all that keen on fixing their error. Since they are at fault, I believe they should rectify the mistake. However, it seems by the few posts I have looked at I don't think I'll find any resolution regarding this matter. This is kind of off topic but, the only other gripes I have with the components are: The petri dish lids don't fit snugly on after the cubes have been placed inside of them, and the box did not accommodate cards that have been sleeved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.