Popular Tags: [View All]
Gaming Hoopla
United States
Mundelein
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The Gaming Hoopla staff is happy to announce the...

2013 Fall GAMING HOOPLA!

This fall's Gaming Hoopla will be held Friday, September 27th through Sunday, September 29th in Janesville, WI.

All proceeds from the Gaming Hoopla are donated to the American Cancer Society through the Knutson Family Relay for Life Team and the Tastefully Simpletuns Relay for Life Team.

As always, the Gaming Hoopla will host the GenCon Games Library, making 1000 unique games available for free check-out to all of our attendees. With all of those games, ample room for open gaming, and an anticipated 125+ scheduled board game, miniatures, and role-playing events and tournaments, there is something for everyone!

Because this is a fundraiser for ACS, no food or beverage carry-ins are allowed. Food and beverages will be available on site for very reasonable prices.

Stay tuned to this thread for additional convention information which will be posted as it becomes available, including the event schedule and sponsor information.

We hope to see many of you there for a great weekend of gaming!

When (doors open 15 minutes prior to event for general attendees and 30 minutes prior for VIGs)
Friday, September 27th (4 pm - 2 am)
Saturday, September 28th (8 am - 2 am)
Sunday, September 29th (8 am - 4 pm)

Where
Johnstown Community Center
9937 East County Road A
Janesville, WI 53546

Prices (kids 12 and under in red)
Weekend: $20 $15
Friday: $7 $5
Saturday: $12 $10
Sunday: $7 $5
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Maile
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Will the Silent Auction be happening at the Fall Hoopla as usual?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaming Hoopla
United States
Mundelein
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
GC Games Library wrote:
Will the Silent Auction be happening at the Fall Hoopla as usual?

Great question!

It most certainly is! Details can be found on our website, here:

http://www.gaminghoopla.com/silent_auction.php
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
No good deed goes unpunished.
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be a charity auction for the American Cancer Society?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Sonnenberg
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've never yet "checked-out" any of the GenCon Library games. Does someone "man" (or "woman" or "person") that area formally or are you just on your honor for playing those games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Maile
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
glsonn wrote:
We've never yet "checked-out" any of the GenCon Library games. Does someone "man" (or "woman" or "person") that area formally or are you just on your honor for playing those games?

We have a staff of volunteers just for the GCGL. You simply bring the game you want to play to them and they "check-out" the game to you. When you are done, just bring it back to them.

We do this so we can report to the convention, and our contributors, what games are being played and how many hours of game play our Library contributes to the show. We also track average play time for each game, and person, and how many games a person uses. Sometimes we award very frequent users with a prize at the end of the convention.

We also run a raffle just for users of the GCGL, so the more games you use, the more chances you have of winning something in our raffle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Sonnenberg
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GC Games Library wrote:
glsonn wrote:

We have a staff of volunteers just for the GCGL. You simply bring the game you want to play to them and they "check-out" the game to you. When you are done, just bring it back to them.

We do this so we can report to the convention, and our contributors, what games are being played and how many hours of game play our Library contributes to the show. We also track average play time for each game, and person, and how many games a person uses. Sometimes we award very frequent users with a prize at the end of the convention.

We also run a raffle just for users of the GCGL, so the more games you use, the more chances you have of winning something in our raffle.

Thanks, Lee. We'll definitely give this a go, if we have time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaming Hoopla
United States
Mundelein
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Cate108 wrote:
Will there be a charity auction for the American Cancer Society?

The silent auction we run each Fall Hoopla requires sellers to donate 25% of their final sale price to the American Cancer Society. There is always a ton of great games available, and normally they go for very reasonable prices. On top of that, it raises a good hunk of money for ACS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bueschel
United States
Huntley
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same weekend as Conception Con. Going to have to make a decision soon. yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Newhausen
United States
Loves Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same weekend as my honeymoon. I don't even get a decision.

I'll be back home sometime that Saturday, though, so a Sunday appearance isn't out of the question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Goodmanson
United States
Port Edwards
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Armadillo Al wrote:
Same weekend as my honeymoon.

Congratulations AJ!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nowak
United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You have paid retail for the last time.
badge
The human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing at children's games from the beginning, and will probably do it till the end, which is a nuisance for the few people who grow up. - GKC
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't make it either, as my ride is not going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paging
United States
White Settlement
TX
flag msg tools
Only 6 months until the next round.
badge
A little lower and to the left, please.

Will you be able to make it to the Fall Hoopla? Although I won't have 1862: Railway Mania in the Eastern Counties yet, I do have 18AL. Fancy a game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hovan
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I hope to be a first time attendee!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP LaChance
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same location as this spring?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ebon Hawk
United States
Janesville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
custom golf clubs wrote:

Same location
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nowak
United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You have paid retail for the last time.
badge
The human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing at children's games from the beginning, and will probably do it till the end, which is a nuisance for the few people who grow up. - GKC
mbmbmbmbmb
At the last inventory weekend, we packed the poor beleaguered GC library trailer to the gills.

We need everyone's help to get a new trailer ASAP so the collection we bring to Hoopla can keep getting bigger! (Not to mention, Lee could do without some of the hassles the old beast is throwing his way.)

The Crowdfunding campaign is here: www.gofundme.com/GCGameLibrary

PLEASE tell your freinds and relatives and Facebook and gaming friends how much this library means to you and the Hoopla!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaming Hoopla
United States
Mundelein
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hey guys!

Just a friendly reminder that Event Submission is now open on our website. If you have a game you love and would love to share with others at the Hoopla, make sure to get it on our schedule and get a discount on your admission at the door!

http://www.gaminghoopla.com/event_submission.php
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve S
United States
Roscoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scoutmom wrote:
Paging
United States
White Settlement
TX
flag msg tools
badge

Will you be able to make it to the Fall Hoopla? Although I won't have 1862: Railway Mania in the Eastern Counties yet, I do have 18AL. Fancy a game?

I would absolutely fancy a game, in fact it's also on my list of games I was considering (if you bring it and need another player )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve S
United States
Roscoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I'm again insure what in my "cult of the old" collection (which is pretty much the whole collection) people would be interested in, I've again thrown together a geeklist - if you're going please check it out and let me know

Games I'd Consider Bringing to Fall Gaming Hoopla 2013
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadoglare wrote:
scoutmom wrote:
Paging
United States
White Settlement
TX
flag msg tools
badge

I would absolutely fancy a game, in fact it's also on my list of games I was considering (if you bring it and need another player )

Absolutely! Now, we just have to get Drew to respond. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Mutsch
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Petronius wrote:
custom golf clubs wrote:

Same location

We are in the same location this Fall, but are in the process of scouting a bigger and better venue for next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Mutsch
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone! After some issues with attendees booking at the hotel last spring, we've decided to switch hotels for this Hoopla. We now have a block of rooms at the Baymont Inn & Suites Janesville for $84 a night plus tax.

The block will be released on Friday September 6th. You are guaranteed the discounted price up to that date, IF they have rooms available. If you make a reservation after that date you might get the discount if the hotel is low on bookings but there is no guarantee.

There's more lodging options and details on the "Local Lodging" page of our site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaming Hoopla
United States
Mundelein
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hello all!

Just a quick reminder that Event Registration ends at midnight this Saturday. If you plan on running any events at the Hoopla, you better do it soon or it will be too late!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GamingHoopla wrote:
Hello all!

Just a quick reminder that Event Registration ends at midnight this Saturday. If you plan on running any events at the Hoopla, you better do it soon or it will be too late!

I sent a message through the Hoopla site - but might as well ask it here as well. It was suggested by a certain someone that the event that I run at noon every Hoopla, which involves standing out of doors and...ummm....sampling certain beverages....be put on the schedule this fall as a LARP. However last time I followed that certain someone's suggestions I found that what seemed like a good idea at the time....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.