United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
Are you up for a game of Wellington?
badge
I really do have a wonderful life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Our lunch time gaming group had played Durch die Wusste (apologies on the German... I cannot find the right accent) many months ago and I had enjoyed the game enough to pick up a copy of the Fantasy Flight reprinting when a friend put in a game order last month. The smaller box fits the library very nicely, and today was our first trip back to the Desert with a new crew of lunch time gamers. Malloc and I were in attendence, as were two other gamers. We'll refer to them as Stephen and Melanie.

Inital placement began with the standard camels by the oases or the big point pieces on the board. Malloc kept his camels away from the big point pieces and closer to the isolated points of the board. My strategy was to get as many oasis and normal points as I could, because I could see how the board would get pretty congested pretty fast. So did Malloc, and he was able to put his pieces on the outskirts to secure big points by the end of the game.

Big points too for the length of the individual caravans. By the end, he had a 20 point lead, mostly established with captured territory on two large land grabs. I managed to land in the 60s for a second place showing, Melanie and Stephen in the 50s on their first time out.

This was a learning game for Melanie and Stephen, and after being away for so long, in a sense it was a learning game for me as well. But a game that I am eager to get back to and improve my play to a higher level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.