Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: Kicking the Tires rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cherith Cutestorrie
United States
Around
flag msg tools
I've run a couple me vs. me games (I totally won!) just to get a good enough feel for flow and to be able to teach my game circle. A couple quick questions.

1) I feel like I read you can't install Ice to an empty remote server...right? What happens to the ice if the Runner bypasses and steals/trashes the remote server's cards? Is it just hanging there awkwardly?

2) On Draco, specifically re: the counters placed when rezzed to pump its strength...if an effect derezzes it, do the counters stick around? And if so, when it's rezzed anew, can the pay to pump trigger again?

Generally speaking as well, I'm still internalizing the majority of the cards (I was able to get everything except Trace Amount in basically two big buys), but I noticed that Bad Publicity doesn't seem to feature real heavily in card abilities. Reread this sentence: I have NOT read/memorized everything yet. Good. Let's continue. Is a BP deck a viable build just yet? I think that'd be loads of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
infocorn wrote:

1) I feel like I read you can't install Ice to an empty remote server...right? What happens to the ice if the Runner bypasses and steals/trashes the remote server's cards? Is it just hanging there awkwardly?

* You CAN install ice to an empty remote server.
* If thy trash the things in a remote serve, the ice stays around.

Quote:

2) On Draco, specifically re: the counters placed when rezzed to pump its strength...if an effect derezzes it, do the counters stick around?

Yes they do.

Quote:
And if so, when it's rezzed anew, can the pay to pump trigger again?

Yes you can add even more if you want.

Quote:
Is a BP deck a viable build just yet? I think that'd be loads of fun.

Bad Publicity is currently just a drawback on a couple Weyland cards.
In the next cycle of expansions, its going to be a theme, and all corps will get cards dealing with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cherith Cutestorrie
United States
Around
flag msg tools
Cheers. VERY excited now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lluluien
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
infocorn wrote:
...but I noticed that Bad Publicity doesn't seem to feature real heavily in card abilities.

It does feature prominently into the base action of running though. Every run, the bad publicity generate credits which can be used for that run. This is different from typical recurring credits in that you can take advantage of them multiple times in a turn (once for each run you do), and not just once per turn. That makes them really powerful for using icebreakers and Personal Workshop, for instance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And Bad Publicity is going to play much more of a role for all factions in the upcoming Spin Cycle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Tebben
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
MavericK96 wrote:
And Bad Publicity is going to play much more of a role for all factions in the upcoming Spin Cycle.

... thus making the banzai Criminal deck even more ridiculous than it already is!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG, Bad Publicity is broken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Dugger

Corvallis
Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
roborob wrote:

Yea, it was pretty hilarious when my opponent elected to take a second bad publicity against my Noise Workshop deck. Draw 2 cards, Host on PW, Host on PW, run for two credits into an Ice wall. Or run run run for 6 credits off Personal Workshop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
So now we've reached the point where we're decrying unspoiled cards as broken?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ethereality wrote:

Prescient bioroids, man!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Twice
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Ethereality wrote:

We reached that point long ago!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cherith Cutestorrie
United States
Around
flag msg tools
pwnguin wrote:
roborob wrote:

Yea, it was pretty hilarious when my opponent elected to take a second bad publicity against my Noise Workshop deck. Draw 2 cards, Host on PW, Host on PW, run for two credits into an Ice wall. Or run run run for 6 credits off Personal Workshop.

Care to share a deck list? This seems like a great deck idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
infocorn wrote:
pwnguin wrote:
roborob wrote:

Care to share a deck list? This seems like a great deck idea.

Just sounds like a standard Noise Workshop deck, and you'd have to assume you were playing against Weyland.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Watton
United Kingdom
West Midlands
flag msg tools
pwnguin wrote:
roborob wrote:

Huh? I thought Bad Publicity only gave temporary credits for that run only, much like Stimhack? Or am I missing the point here? I don't use PW often..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
foolishfate wrote:
pwnguin wrote:
roborob wrote:

Huh? I thought Bad Publicity only gave temporary credits for that run only, much like Stimhack? Or am I missing the point here? I don't use PW often..

You can use 1cr to remove a token from Personal Workshop, so you can basically "install" a Femme Fatal by running 3 times if the corp has 3 bad publicity

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jackman
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
foolishfate wrote:
pwnguin wrote:
roborob wrote:

Since paying down things on PW is a paid ability, not an action, it can be done during a run. That means that you could use bad publicity credits to install stuff that is hosted on a personal workshop.

Same deal with Stimhack, its a pretty common thing with noise workshop. Put Femme on workshop, stimhack, use 9 stimhack credits to install femme on a piece of ice mid-run. For example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Watton
United Kingdom
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Thanks for the replies, there's quite a few powerful cards I've yet to use in my deck, I should look at working PW in soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cherith Cutestorrie
United States
Around
flag msg tools
I've seen some of net-deck warehouses but is there a decent archetype blueprint source for "basic noise deck" or similar?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.