Summoner Wars: The Filth Faction Deck» Forums » Rules

Subject: the Filth rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
vultus prime
msg tools
mb
The Demagogue's ability says "Instead of attacking chose a mutation from ..."
Because of the "instead of attacking" this ability can only be used during the attack phase correct?
Furthermore, can the summoner's ability allow me to have more than five cards in my hand?

If I take control of an enemy common unit with heretic's rebuke
that has a wound on it, will the mutation I summon carry over the wound?
What about if the mutation in case is corpulent mutant, do I need to roll I die to see if the wound carries over or it's automatically placed on the summoned mutation.

it is possible to use Heretic's rebuke and channel corruption at the same time on the same unit (Play Heretic's rebuke, take control of enemy unit but instead of paying the cost of a mutation play channel corruption and place a mutation on controlled enemy unit for free). Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vultusprime wrote:
Furthermore, can the summoner's ability allow me to have more than five cards in my hand?

Yes, and the Demagogue is not the only Summoner who can make that happen. 5 cards is the limit for being able to draw in the draw phase. It is not an absolute hand limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
vultusprime wrote:
The Demagogue's ability says "Instead of attacking chose a mutation from ..."
Because of the "instead of attacking" this ability can only be used during the attack phase correct?

Correct.

Quote:

Yep. There is no hand limit (you just won't get to draw if you have 5+ cards at the beginning of the turn). Fishing out a mutation to build as magic (with the intention of digging it back out of the discard pile later) is a common and effective Filth tactic.

Quote:
If I take control of an enemy common unit with heretic's rebuke
that has a wound on it, will the mutation I summon carry over the wound?
What about if the mutation in case is corpulent mutant, do I need to roll I die to see if the wound carries over or it's automatically placed on the summoned mutation.

You know I'm not sure. I would assume the wounds carry over, but it's not FAQed anywhere.

Quote:
it is possible to use Heretic's rebuke and channel corruption at the same time on the same unit (Play Heretic's rebuke, take control of enemy unit but instead of paying the cost of a mutation play channel corruption and place a mutation on controlled enemy unit for free). Is this correct?

Nope This one is in the FAQ: http://www.plaidhatgames.com/images/games/summoner-wars/swfa...

In case you don't feel like digging:

2.6.4.1: Can I use Channel Corruption to play a Mutation with Heretic's Rebuke?
No. You cannot play another event card until one event has completely resolved. In this instance, Heretic's Rebuke will not have fully resolved because you will not have played a Mutation, so Channel Corruption may not be used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vultus prime
msg tools
mb
thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.