Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(Prelude: After Tikal, Merrick left and I broke out Diversion, which Steve (Gandalf) had played with me before. Emma (Boromir) hadn't, but she caught on soon enough. As I've lost the original playing pieces, I had to scrounge some from the nearest available source,which turned out to be War of the Ring. I was the Mouth of Sauron and, well best to tell it in his own words.

So, the Dark Lord has placed me in a maze of his own with those two fools, Gandalf and the ghost of Boromir. We chose the colour to start on: I was Black, the colour of the Dark Lord. Boromir chose Red, and Gandalf White- a symbolic choice, perhaps? I easily outdistanced the Istari and the Numenorean. Gandalf used his powers to alter the board so that Boromir was teleported to the Green start, near Gandalf's own position. In fact the two fools were soon wandering in the same area, such that by a flick of my whip I sent them both on a long winding road with no end, one travelling one way, one the other. They passed each other, and I managed to divert Gandalf further while I reached the end goal, scoring the highest possible amount. I returned to my Black start, closely followed by Boromir, who dogged my footsteps in an infuriating manner for some time. Gandalf wandered pointlessly around the North-Western sector, before Boromir managed to trap him in an endless loop, returning him to the start damaged and broken in spirit. I once more reached the maximum score, laughing coldy at the foolish ghost behind me.

At this point we agreed to restart the game, as I had won (150 points).

Once again I find myself in this maze with the same enemies before me. This time Boromir has taken Green, for reasons I cannot fathom. No matter, I will advance slowly, carefully, the better to take advantage of the magic of this place. I have passed the halfway point and my opponents are scattered to either side of me. I am nearing the end goal, but what is this? The Eagles are coming! I am thwarted and must retrace my steps. Fortunately this part of the maze is rich in the dark magic of my master. I can turn and seek a new goal. This time it is Boromir who blocks my path. But again he has failed to cut me off from the magical runes. Aye, now I am in a position to claim the goal. No! He has thwarted me and secured a lesser goal for himself! This insolence will not go unpunished...Ah, here is a better way, I can now reach my desitination unhimndered. I cross the threshold, only to feel the maze colapse about me. My Master has been undone. The Ring has passed into the fire...

At this point the porter told us to pack up, so the Mouth and Gandalf and Boromir went back in the War of the Ring box. Maybe next time they will face each other on the broad plains of Middle-Earth, rather than the Diversion tracks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.