Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Any suggestions on how to treat the mastermind cards that say choose opponent when fighting them solo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Any suggestions on how to treat the mastermind cards that say choose opponent when fighting them solo?

I would say similar to "each other player" you should always apply it to yourself. Unless you want to make it easier on yourself, in which case just ignore it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I was thinking, wasn't sure. So do I apply the bonus effects immediately when I fight the mastermind or only if I win? Like some say draw cards or get +3 fight or whatever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Stokes
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fight effects are applied when you defeat the villain you're fighting. And the Dark City rules clarify that when playing solo, 'each other player' effects apply to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mupdan wrote:
Fight effects are applied when you defeat the villain you're fighting. And the Dark City rules clarify that when playing solo, 'each other player' effects apply to you.

So how do the +fight bonuses work then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
That's what I was thinking, wasn't sure. So do I apply the bonus effects immediately when I fight the mastermind or only if I win? Like some say draw cards or get +3 fight or whatever.

You have to defeat the Mastermind Tactic. Then, after it is defeated, you apply the Fight effect.

The same goes for Villains. Defeat them, place them in your Victory Pile, then resolve the Fight effect.

I assume you're referring to one of Red Skull's Tactics, which tells you to gain +3 ATTACK as the fight effect. You would first defeat it. Then you gain the +3 ATTACK for that turn only. After that turn is over, even if you don't use that ATTACK for anything, it is gone.

The Fight effects always apply to the player defeating the Villain or Mastermind Tactic, Unless it explicitly states otherwise. In a solo game, you are always that player.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks for clearing that up. Time for some house rules devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.