Hide
8 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Star Tours? What are you doing here? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
coffee table
msg tools
So I had these Star Tours die cast "cars" (they're sorta like Matchbox cars).

Looking up the stats for the Star Speeders is a little tough (16 meters seems to be what some of the old WEG SWRPG d6 players agreed on, as seen here: http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2930&sid=4ec... and I think this image backs that up: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Starspeeder_3000_specifications.jpg)

So that means the models would need to be 2.33 inches long. These models come in at 2 7/16" to 2 5/8", depending on where you measure from. But the little R2s on top seem to look pretty comparable to the R2s on the Y-wings and X-wings.

Anyways, so I took a little screw driver, undid the bottom, took out the wheels and drilled a 1/8th inch hole for the stand to sit in. and BOOM! Star Tours for use in X-wing...

I'd be interested in what ya'll think their maneuver dials and stats should be -- on the ride that dang thing is pretty darn maneuverable.

I threw some of my other reprints and alternates in here too for your viewing pleasure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my friends got me one of those Star Tour cars from a disneyland trip precisely for this reason.

The next time I run a scenario that requires transports I might use it over the DX-9 paper models I had prepared.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Fernandez
Venezuela
Caracas
Miranda
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL poor people in that adventure! they gonna be sick gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome.

This has actually been my txt message ringtone for a while now:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex McKechnie
msg tools
mbmb
Sweet! I had the same idea when a friend of mine just went to Disneyland. Once I see her again and get the models I'm gonna do this exactly.

--Alex
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are cute!!!

Where in the great expanse of Disneyland do they sell those? I have a friend who will pick them up for me if I can point her to where they are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
coffee table
msg tools
They should have them at the Star Tours store, unless they are discontinued. I've seen them on ebay as well, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.