Christopher Pitts
United States
Aloha
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of the other guys in my group have Mage Wars, so I'm not completely interested in getting my own copy, but I'd like to do some of my own book building.

How good of a book could I build if I only bought this expansion? Would I also need to get the Core Spell Tome?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kartzinel
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you could build a pretty good book, but yes, you may eventually want the Core Spell Tome 1. If it were me, I'd give it a go with what you have and see how you do in your group. If you start saying man, I wish I had another dispel then you have your answer. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You won't have access to many of the basic spells you need without a core or at least a spell tome, so I would advise getting one of those with FvW, since it sounds like you don't have the core now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess, borrowing some of the standard spells (which you might want multiples of and don't get them in FMvsWL) might also be an option.

The good thing about this expansion is, that it focuses heavily on two schools of magic, which do not have that many spells in the Core Set, so the two mages coming with it get most of the stuff you will need to build a decent spellbook.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can look through the content of the expansion here (knowing the game would help, as it only lists the names of the cards, but it should at least give you an impression of the content):

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/88916/mage-wars-combinded-...

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.