Australian Rails» Forums » General

Subject: Lost my rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Crazy Bob
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so apparently I posted this in the wrong place a while ago. I lost my rules & need to know how much you start with, how much upgrades cost, building costs, and how the ferry works. (is there anything else? )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have any of the otehr Empire Builder games, the rule are the same except for the following:

1) 50 mill to start
2) 2 switch back building turns then start.
3) must connect to Perth al all but one of the others.
4) You may start building in Darwin just as if it were a major city.
5) brown rivers and lakes cost 1 extra to build over until the rainy season event card happens then they all turn blue and are treated like regular rivers and lakes for the rest of the game.
6) you pay for the Tazmainian ferry when you build out of it in Tazmainia unlike the ferries in the other games where you pay when to build to it.

That's it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Bob
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, so you pay six to build the ferry? Does it cost any extra time to ride the ferry? (I think I was still confused about this when I had the rules in front of me.) I don't have Empire Builder, but I do have Iron Dragon so the other points I can figure out.
Thanks BTW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
elcomadreja2 wrote:
ok, so you pay six to build the ferry? Does it cost any extra time to ride the ferry? (I think I was still confused about this when I had the rules in front of me.) I don't have Empire Builder, but I do have Iron Dragon so the other points I can figure out.
Thanks BTW.

Yes, you pay 6 plus the cost of the milepost you build to out of the ferry. When you train reaches one end of the ferry it ends it's movement for the turn, then on the next turn it moves out the other end at half rate (5 spaces for a 9 train and 6 for a 12). The other EB games with ferries are Eurorails, Russian Rails, Nippon Rails and India Rails.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mark_biggar wrote:
1) 50 mill to start
2) 2 switch back building turns then start.

In the current edition, it's 60 mill and 3 building rounds (switchback).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.