Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the themes are different but after watching some videos on this game it seems to have a lot of similarities with Last Night on Earth. Does anyone else agree? If not, tell me why.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Brown
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mb
They are both beautifully produced, scenario games.

That's it.

Claustrophobia is exceptional in the economy of its decisions, the unique take on the genre and its variety.

LNoE is more experience than game, and I find the scenarios fairly same-y. It's probably my 'zombie' game of choice, but no zombie game has really grabbed me yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Bowers
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are similarities, miniatures, competitive gameplay, etc. but I think there is much more that sets them apart.

The board is fixed in Last Night on Earth at the beginning of the game, in Claustrophobia there is an exploration element. Cards play a big role for both players in LNoE, where in Claustrophobia only one side gets new cards once the game begins.

I have both games and love to play them, but -- to me at least -- they do not feel that similar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
I know the themes are different but after watching some videos on this game it seems to have a lot of similarities with Last Night on Earth. Does anyone else agree? If not, tell me why.

Hm, I don't see that many similarities between them, other than both games are played on a map and use minis...

Claustrophobia has the players explore in most scenarios, LNoE has a preset map
Claustrophobia's dice-for-stats (and life point tracking thingy for human invaders) has no equivalent in LNoE
Claustrophobia's dice mechanism thingy for the demon player has no equivalent in LNoE
You play cards much more often in LNoE, they're a rare commodity in Claustrophobia
Equipment in LNoE can be accumulated throughout the scenario and found underway, it's set by the scenario in Claustrophobia
LNoE works with two players, but is most fun with four - Claustrophobia is almost exclusively a two-player game

Really, the two are quite different to me. What's similar is that in both games, one of the sides gets to re-spawn while the other is restricted to the characters they start with, and both games are scenario-based. But that's it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.