Popular Tags: [View All]
Sergey Ovcharenko
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
We've played several impulses to try the rules in action and was disappointed by Fog of War working here.

- Opponent moved his stack led by Noble. But I couldn't see their Command Rating to compare with number of followed blocks. Should I take on trust? ;)
- How I can choose a opposite Noble to use a Writ on him if they all hidden from me?

Any reply with suggestion are appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bernatz
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
re Q1) Yes, though if you feel that your current gaming group is not trustworthy enough you should House Rule to require people to show the CR of the Leader if moving 3+ Blocks (or even if Moving /any/ Blocks if you're concerned about people moving Mercs or Offices that technically can't move alone). Or find a new gaming group shake

re Q2) This has come up a few times and Stephen has (generally) required that people keep track of who controls which Nobles as part of the game. Heck, even historically some of the Nobles didn't know who was on which side!

However, if you find that this is not something you guys consider a fun part of the game, there are Noble Alliegance Cards here and at CSW that can be printed and kept face-up in front of each Player to show who controls which Noble. You won't know exactly where they are on the map...but that's the point. You shouldn't know exactly where they are. That's what Fog of War should do.

-K
co-developer, CoR

longbearder wrote:
Hi all,
We've played several impulses to try the rules in action and was disappointed by Fog of War working here.

- Opponent moved his stack led by Noble. But I couldn't see their Command Rating to compare with number of followed blocks. Should I take on trust?
- How I can choose a opposite Noble to use a Writ on him if they all hidden from me?

Any reply with suggestion are appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergey Ovcharenko
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks for explanation!
Regarding my game group. They are not sharper, but guys who try to brake through the Rules gross book ;)

Regards,
Serge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hawkins
United Kingdom
Willingham
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fog of War is something I wanted to discuss with regard to this game. Might as well resurrect this thread as start a new one.

For the slow pace of operations in this era I can't see any justification for having such a completely opaque mechanism. Those gamers with a certain kid of memory may be able to remember what's happening but for the rest of us I feel it's just an ahistorical PITA

Having the nobles move openly but with a hidden loyalty marker (EG a block marked 1-4) might be more appropriate for this period.

I just have a feeling that, in this case, the block mechanism is a solution in search of a problem…

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.