Josh Brown
Australia
Ballarat
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Played our first ever game last night, a four player game.

It was awesome! took a fair few hours...referring to the instructions at nearly every action... Anyway it turned out to be a VERY compelling game!

Our lannister player had a few rule mix ups at the start and ended up in a VERY bad position related to greyjoy...i was baratheon slowly moving into the mid map and expanding out. Our stark player was quite happy to hold his territory in the north.

All was fairly even (except for lannister) in the first few turns, greyjoy was knocking on the door to lannisport, it was hard to to fight back the grey joys and i saw they had eyes on my prize...

So i "sent a raven" (text messaged) the lannisport player asking for support in an attack, in exchange i would leave him to expand through their as a pushed the greyjoys back...

He supported the greyjoys. and i had a fight on my hands. Luckily lannister was understrength and "the king of the north" was starting to pick away at the two of them...

Anyway it all came down to the last turn as these things usually do, i had sent a few units down south across ships to get the 2 hardly defended castles down their late on, no one really notice (which was handy!) The north wasn't pushing down the right hand side via boat too much which helped...the greyjoys where about banging on the door to kings landing at this stage and the castle count was even, he elected to leave his 2 castles behind his lines exposed to the lannister player expecting him to come down and help...the game was in lannisters hands, he chose to march rather than attack.

A choice between the one who struck first and the one that wanted to use him...he took greyjoys unprotected castles and i won.

This is an awesome game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Marsh
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
and in the middle
badge
Grrrr!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have found this file is very useful to keep on top of everything.
A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (2nd ed) -- illustrated tutorial and cheat sheet

Sam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Sansom
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just came in to give a thumb for your awesome title/quote
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GT86 wrote:
Played our first ever game last night, a four player game.

It was awesome! took a fair few hours...referring to the instructions at nearly every action... Anyway it turned out to be a VERY compelling game!

Our lannister player had a few rule mix ups at the start and ended up in a VERY bad position related to greyjoy...i was baratheon slowly moving into the mid map and expanding out. Our stark player was quite happy to hold his territory in the north.

All was fairly even (except for lannister) in the first few turns, greyjoy was knocking on the door to lannisport, it was hard to to fight back the grey joys and i saw they had eyes on my prize...

So i "sent a ravent" (text messaged) the lannisport player asking for support in an attack, in exchange i would leave him to expand through their as a pushed the greyjoys back...

He supported the greyjoys. and i had a fight on my hands. Luckily lannister was understrength and "the king of the north" was starting to pick away at the two of them...

Anyway it all came down to the last turn as these things usually do, i had sent a few units down south across ships to get the 2 hardly defended castles down their late on, no one really notice (which was handy!) The north wasn't pushing down the right hand side via boat too much which helped...the greyjoys where about banging on the door to kings landing at this stage and the castle count was even, he elected to leave his 2 castles behind his lines exposed to the lannister player expecting him to come down and help...the game was in lannisters hands, he chose to march rather than attack.

A choice between the one who struck first and the one that wanted to use him...he took greyjoys unprotected castles and i won.

This is an awesome game!

Oh yeah...awesome game indeed...and totally addicting!...start playing on Vassal as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Brown
Australia
Ballarat
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks guys and for the gold, I've signed up to the PBF wait list, plyaed some xwing on vassal and it was ok, I think pbf is easier for a big game like this and my schedule though, thanks for that tut link too should be useful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.